Mobile Broadband and Wireless Router...PLEASE HELP!
TikiMomas
I have the UM175 and I have been using it on my laptop for the past 4 months or so. I have a 2 year contract and have recently inquired with Verizon about getting the new MIFI. They want $250 for the device. I think it to be totally wrong for them to offer the device at much cheaper prices to new customers only with no appreciation or value shown to their existing customers. Anyway...my husband recently got a playstation 3 and would like to access the internet with it. Does anyone know how to set up the UM175 to a wireless router for a laptop and a playstation 3? 

PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Broadband and Wireless Router...PLEASE HELP!
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1
I'm not a "new" customer and I got the MiFI for $100 after rebate, so I'm not clear what your problem is with pricing.  All hardware is going to be subsidized and that requires a commitment, generally for 2 years, for the service provider to recoup lost income from the sale of hardware at less than retail prices.  Make no mistake, I'm aware that Verizon makes a pretty penny from their data plans, but that's the rationale behind the pricing.
0 Likes
TikiMomas

Were you in an existing contract at the time? How did you get this?  They did offer me a $50 rebate by extending my existing contract for 1 year. Please enlighten so I can attempt same deal?? Thanks!

0 Likes
AlexSian
Contributor - Level 1

one way to get gaming consoles online using mobile broadband is a cradlepoint router

try googling 'um175 evdo router' and look for the mbr1000 or ctr350

0 Likes
TikiMomas
Thank you so much! I will check into this.
0 Likes