My bill indicates my broadband plan is unlimited monthly kilobyte - what's this about a 5 GB limit?
busnut

Are there different terms for different customers or why am I reading (on this community forum) that there is a per kb charge if you go over 5 GB in a month?  My monthly bill shows my plan as Mobile Broadband Promo $59.99 2yr 0805 and then just below it shows Unlimited MB Allowance.

What gives?

0 Likes
Re: My bill indicates my broadband plan is unlimited monthly kilobyte - what's this about a 5 GB lim
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1
data plans for the phones are unlimited, but a MiFi card or aircard has a limit of 5GB for $60 or 250MB (up from 50MB recently) for $40.
0 Likes
Re: My bill indicates my broadband plan is unlimited monthly kilobyte - what's this about a 5 GB lim
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

When you did you originally get the plan? Verizon did intially have unlimited data plans but did away with them nearly a year ago. If you signed up a while ago you may have this older plan, in which case DON'T CHANGE IT.

0 Likes
busnut

I have had the same data plan (and data phone number) for almost 6 years now.  Just this month, I checked my data usage & see that I have gone over 5 GB as I got a new laptop & needed to do Windows Updates - this pushed me over 5 GB.  I have not reached the end of my current monthly billing period, so I wonder what will happen.

The only other time I have gone over 5 GB in a month was maybe 3 yrs ago & I got a "warning letter" from VZW stating that they were questioning my usage.  Again, at that time I explained I had just bought a new laptop & did Windows Updates.

Enought said - it looks like that both times when I have done Windows Updates & 'push the limit' of GB usage.

Will now have to wait to see what (if anything) appears on my next VZW billing statement.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Yeah it definitely sounds like you have the old unlimited plan. Especially if you're not seeing 5GB anywhere in the actual plan description and it just says "unlimited broadband". If you have a pattern of exceeding 5GB on the unlimited plan then the only thing they'll do is slow down the connection, but it doens't look like you have that problem. KEEP THE PLAN!!

0 Likes