My jetpack broke and is out of warranty. Can I buy a new jetpack and use my sim from the old one?
isaac
Enthusiast - Level 1

My jetpack fell down a set of concrete stairs and didn't survive the fall. Can I just buy a new jetpack and insert the sim and be good to go?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My jetpack broke and is out of warranty. Can I buy a new jetpack and use my sim from the old one?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yes you may.

However you will want to make sure the replacement Jetpack has a compatible SIM card.  The older Jetpacks used a larger full sized SIM where some of the newer Jetpacks are using a micro SIM.  As long as the SIMs are compatible then you should be good to go.

One last thing, make sure you go out to your VZW account and update your device info with the new model when you are done.  This will help avoid confusion if you want to call in for support later on.

View solution in original post

Re: My jetpack broke and is out of warranty. Can I buy a new jetpack and use my sim from the old one?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yes you may.

However you will want to make sure the replacement Jetpack has a compatible SIM card.  The older Jetpacks used a larger full sized SIM where some of the newer Jetpacks are using a micro SIM.  As long as the SIMs are compatible then you should be good to go.

One last thing, make sure you go out to your VZW account and update your device info with the new model when you are done.  This will help avoid confusion if you want to call in for support later on.

isaac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks its the 5510L I believe if I remember and it did use the micro sim.

0 Likes