Network Extender Max Connections
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I just bough tthe extender tonight and I read the users booklet and my concern is the max connections. The booklet makes it sould like in can only hookup to 3 cell phones.. does this mean 3 sleeping/standby connections or 3 active "talking" connections?

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Max Connections
dpsad07

network extender is just to help the cell site signal extend so 3 devices on should be fine if your signal strengh improved.   

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

dpsad07 wrote:

network extender is just to help the cell site signal extend so 3 devices on should be fine if your signal strengh improved.   

Thanks for the response, but I think you missed my question,... (=

The extender does NOT extend cell towers, it creates a compatible cell signal in your house and then pipes your cell connection through the internet via your high-speed internet as VOIP (Voice over IP) connection.

I actually did find more information after I posted this. The extender only limits 3 ACTIVE calls with the 4th being open for E911 only. As each users disconnects, the extender is then available for a new connection. At first I though the extender could only pair with 3 cell phones within proximity, but thats not the case... its 3 active calls.

I was worried because we have 6 cell phones in our horse.

0 Likes
dpsad07

I guess my point was simply to look at the number of bar strength, why r u making so complicated. 

0 Likes
dpsad07

And one more thing, it acts as a repeater so an essences  it does extend the signal. I'll been in the business for 16 years....   

0 Likes