Network Extender - Red Blinking SYS light - VZW Outage?
tdecker2744

Red blinking SYS light on my Network Extender when I woke up this morning.  Rebooted the NWE and my network, no change.

All other lights are BLUE (i.e. GPS). 

Is VZW having an outage?

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender - Red Blinking SYS light - VZW Outage?
chicago21
Same here in the Chicago area.  Has been out all morning.  Can't call Verizon because I no longer have a land line and can't get cell service now.
0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1
WHEW!!! I'm burnt out from all the hoops I had to jump through to get here. I got my NWE in June to fix the non-existent signal at my house. Almost weekly, it's blinking red so I'm in the same boat. Tried for several hours this AM, rebooting, threatening it with a mallet, all to no avail. Over 250 bucks to fix the service Verizon should have been providing all along. I feel a little used.
0 Likes
Thinking_voip
Just to add to the outage outrage - Ditto for North Carolina.
0 Likes
tdecker2744

Just talked to VZW Data Services, they were unaware of the problem, and are starting to get additional calls. They indicate that me and everyone else are having the problem.

They are gathering information to resolve this asap - this is only my first outage since having it since it first came out, and VZW claimed it was their only second outage on their side?

Message Edited by tdecker2744 on 07-26-2009 12:29 PM
0 Likes
wylee

chicago21 wrote:
Same here in the Chicago area.  Has been out all morning.  Can't call Verizon because I no longer have a land line and can't get cell service now.

Me too. I do have a Wilson mobile booster so I guess I could call from the car, but it sounds like they're well aware of the problem.

I was just thinking last night how dependable it has been for the last 6 weeks. Before that, power cycling to get service back had to be done a few times a month.

0 Likes
tdecker2744

My SYS light just turned BLUE, and it looks like the problem/outage has been fixed, able to make and receive calls again on my cellular phone!

Others that were having problems, please advise and post your results

0 Likes
wylee
My sys light is still red but it's blinking fast like it's establishing a connection.
0 Likes
tdecker2744

Yes, that was short lived for me, my SYS light is back to fast blinking RED again.  Hope they get this fixed asap.

0 Likes
Nu2NC
Still out in my area. (Time stamp on this site is wrong-it is 13.43EST.) Sys light staying blue longer & GPS staying on. I hear VZW was to have a new tower near NC42 last year...on ice? Anyone have news about that? Anyone hear when our provider will fix extender problems for good?
0 Likes