Network Extender & Texting Failures
thescreensavers

Hello,

I ran a search for my issue and found this thread from 2009 - http://community.vzw.com/t5/Broadband-Netbook-MiFi-Devices/Network-Extender-amp-Texting-Failures/m-p... 

Recently put a network extender in my home and now am almost completely unable to SEND text messages at all.  I'd say roughly 80-85% of the time it fails with an error something like "nwtk fail message not sent".  1. I still get all incoming SMS messages2. Before the extender, I had no problems texting outbound.3. Network Extender = Voice improver, SMS inhibitor?? Have reset the device many times with zero affect on the problem..

On our Plan we have two Droid X's and the Newest Network extender,(the one that does 3g). If you send one message the message sends most of the time . But if you write a long message and it needs to send 1,2, 3+ messages, 2 and 3 might come back in an Error saying "message not sent".

Scenario - 1 friend texts you ask about going to the movies, you text him back and then 2 other friends.  I would say 70% of the time, if I was at home  under the network extenders coverage at least one of the two friends would get a " Message Not sent", and if one person gets the error before the others are sent, they all fail.

As well as some times just sending one message might fail repeatedly until it sends.

But even if it shows it failed on my end sometimes it does in fact send, so I end up sometimes sending the same message 5 times. But since its flaky, I have to send it until on my end it says "SENT"

Has anyone else had this issue before?  It cant just be me and JasonG, For everything else the network extender works perfectly.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Extender & Texting Failures
Not applicable

If you are still having this issue please PM me your mobile number and the best time to reach you and we can do further troubleshooting.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you are still having this issue please PM me your mobile number and the best time to reach you and we can do further troubleshooting.  Thank you.

0 Likes
grips001

thescreensavers wrote:

Hello,

I ran a search for my issue and found this thread from 2009 - http://community.vzw.com/t5/Broadband-Netbook-MiFi-Devices/Network-Extender-amp-Texting-Failures/m-p... 

Recently put a network extender in my home and now am almost completely unable to SEND text messages at all.  I'd say roughly 80-85% of the time it fails with an error something like "nwtk fail message not sent".  1. I still get all incoming SMS messages2. Before the extender, I had no problems texting outbound.3. Network Extender = Voice improver, SMS inhibitor?? Have reset the device many times with zero affect on the problem..

On our Plan we have two Droid X's and the Newest Network extender,(the one that does 3g). If you send one message the message sends most of the time . But if you write a long message and it needs to send 1,2, 3+ messages, 2 and 3 might come back in an Error saying "message not sent".

Scenario - 1 friend texts you ask about going to the movies, you text him back and then 2 other friends.  I would say 70% of the time, if I was at home  under the network extenders coverage at least one of the two friends would get a " Message Not sent", and if one person gets the error before the others are sent, they all fail.

As well as some times just sending one message might fail repeatedly until it sends.

But even if it shows it failed on my end sometimes it does in fact send, so I end up sometimes sending the same message 5 times. But since its flaky, I have to send it until on my end it says "SENT"

Has anyone else had this issue before?  It cant just be me and JasonG, For everything else the network extender works perfectly.

I am having the same issue with my setup, I have a Droid X and a Blackberry Curve, sometimes like maybe for two hours everything will be fine then out of no where my droid will begin to say message not sent but it has so I end up sending it 5 times before I get told to stop sending it, I've talked with phone support 6 times about this issue and they haven't been able to help. The most annoying part is out of nowhere who ever I am texting stops receiving my text period. This happens with both phones and also another Verizon phone a friend had when they stayed here. Any advice would be great a solution would be a gift from the gods.

0 Likes
dvanhout

I am also having the same problem.  my extender worked fine for about 2 weeks now, suddenly, no text messages getting through.  i have 3 incredibles and the same problem with all of them.  even from one phone inside my house on the extender to one phone at my office.  no text messages.  power cycling the extender did not help either.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Let me see what I can do to help. Please send me a personal message with your name, phone number and best time to call. Thanks!

0 Likes
glocker1

We are having the same issue.  What is the fix for this problem?

Droid X sends SMS fine when not on the NE.  When on the NE it will randomly say "message not sent" even though it appears that sometimes the messages is actually sent to the other person.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

glocker1 wrote:

We are having the same issue.  What is the fix for this problem?

Droid X sends SMS fine when not on the NE.  When on the NE it will randomly say "message not sent" even though it appears that sometimes the messages is actually sent to the other person.

Hi glocker1,

I am sorry to learn of the issues you are experiencing with the Network Extender. We do have a team specifically trained to troubleshoot Network Extender issues; however, none of our Social Media Representatives is part of this team. Please call us at 1-800-922-0204 at your convenience (when at home and able to troubleshoot the Network Extender) and select to be transferred to the Network Extender Technical Support team from the options presented by our automated system.

0 Likes
glocker1

After further testing and issues, here is a better description of the problem.

Problem is random when on the NE.  Sometimes texts go out with no issues.  Other times a text will try to send for about 10 seconds and then come back with an unable to send message.  However, the receiver gets the same text message twice.

This happens with a Droid X, LG Ally, and Blackberry Bold. 

Appears the NE (or the verizon server routing the NE traffic) is not responding with the correct "message sent ok" status code.  The phone tries again, still gets no response, and then says unable to send.  Which is why the receiver gets the same message twice.

This has happened on my home NE and the NE at my job.

Is this a known NE issue?

dave

0 Likes