Network Extender
nitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought a network extender online and received it today. I set it up and have 4 blue lights. I updated my PRL through *228. When I call *48 I get a message that my feature update could not be completed. Do I need to call in and have the network extender activated to my account? I can't find the network extender listed on my account to manage it. I  think the network extender is working because I have gone from no signal to full bars.

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
jthruska

I am currently having a lot of difficulties with my Network Extender.  While on a recent trouble call, I found out the following information that might help you a little:

If your phone is connected to the Extender, you should: 1. Hear a short double tone after you dial a number. 2. See the bottom blue light (network light) blink really fast while on the call.  Also, when you dial #48, it should answer and tell you that you are on the Extender.

If you call #48 and it says that the call cannot be completed as dialed, you are not on your extender.

The technician had me call both *22801 and *22804 to see which would cause my phone to connect to the extender.  On my phone, I call *22804, wait for an answer, then hang up in order to activiate my Network Extender.  If I walk away from my unit, it disconnects and I have to activate it again.  I am currently waiting for a technician to see if they can somehow increase my signal strength.  I find this unacceptable.

So, try using the above information to verify whether you are connected to your Extender or not. 

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

nitz1964 wrote:

I just bought a network extender online and received it today. I set it up and have 4 blue lights. I updated my PRL through *228. When I call *48 I get a message that my feature update could not be completed. Do I need to call in and have the network extender activated to my account? I can't find the network extender listed on my account to manage it. I  think the network extender is working because I have gone from no signal to full bars.

Hi nitz964! I would be happy to assist you in getting your Network Extender functioning! Question: Why were you dialing *48? 

0 Likes