Never recieved temporary password to create account ? VL600
bobjr94

I got an LG VL600 the other day, no problems there. It's only getting a 3G signal where I live, but its maxed out at 4 bars. It's faster than I expected still, most web sites load in 2-3 seconds. Im getting about 1.41 down and 0.56 up with pings as low as 114. Have not had any connection problems. Much better than the satellite internet Ive been stuck with for 5 years. On VZ's map Im listed in a 4G fringe area, can't wait to see the speed when I can get 4G.

Anyway, when you create an account on verizon, it sends a temporary password to your # as a text message, Ive never recieved it. It has been 4 or 5 hours, Ive clicked "Get New" a few times in the txt screen of the verizon manager but still nothing. I have entered the correct phone # and have the newest verizon manager software.

Also, soon as I set it up, it downloaded an updated vz access manager, it was about 90MB, does that count on my monthly totals ? I guess I remember the old days when everyone had AOL and it would always say something like this software update will not count on your useage charges.

0 Likes
Re: Never recieved temporary password to create account ? VL600
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

bobjr94 wrote:

Anyway, when you create an account on verizon, it sends a temporary password to your # as a text message, Ive never recieved it. It has been 4 or 5 hours, Ive clicked "Get New" a few times in the txt screen of the verizon manager but still nothing. I have entered the correct phone # and have the newest verizon manager software.

If you don't read the message, you should eventually get USMail with the password.

If you have clicked "get new" a few times, you might get more than one piece of mail, and only the most recent would be a usable password.

I called, complained to the nice people on the phone about the stupidity of this process, making my account creation higher security than my bank account, and sending messages to devices that don't receive messages.

I don't have VZAccess Manager installed, don't want it installed.  That's why I bought a hotspot.  I should be able to use generic WiFi for any access I need to the device.

I did eventually get USMail with my password, and I can't remember how many I received.

--

Clarence

0 Likes
bobjr94

Update: I did recieve it the next day after I exited and restarted the computer. I think a simple email verifacation or last 4 of your SS# would have been easier.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The myAccount system is designed to interface with cell phones.  When the device does not have a text message viewing feature it falls back to VZAM to retrieve the text.  VZAM is designed to interface with devices that have a physical/USB connection.  The final line of defense is to send the password via snail mail to your billing address.  Its more than likely an issue of priority and Verizon definitly has more cell phone customers than USB Modem and MiFi.  We MiFi and USB Modem users find it inconvenient, but the system was most likely not designed with us in mind.

Verizon doesnt seem to interested in reworking either system for their new non-cellphone devices.  I prefer to use the 1-800 number to retrieve my data statistics anyways. 

Retrieve data stats from Verizon 1-800 number:
1. Dial 1(800) 922-0204
2. Enter the Phone number of the MiFi when prompted
3. Navigate to Balance (option 2)
4. Navigate to Usage (option 2)
5. Enter the billing zip code

6. Navigate to Data Usage (option 3)
7. Listen and record the Data Usage results
8. Hang up