Problem with 3G Five Spot on my Windows Vista computer
DYHIBB
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I first started using the 3G Five Spot on my computer that runs Windows Vista, I was using a USB chord and it was working alright but not getting a good signal and dowloads were very slow at times.

I wasn't sure if that computer had WiFi capbilities so I started searching the computer to see if I could find any. I must have done something because the VZAccess Manager could no longer find the USB connection to the Five Spot.

This week I purchased a Belkin Wireless USB adapter N150 so I could use the WiFi Hotspot feature of the Five Spot and be able to move the device around more to get a better signal.

I have two computers at home and one runs Windows XP and the devices run fine on this one.

Now, I tried using the Belkin Wireless adapter on the Vista Machine and it locates the Five Spot just fine and shows an excellent sigal strength. But when I try to connect to the internet, it won't work except I did get it to connect one time and sometimes it will automatically connect but at some sort of restriced capability.

Also, I explored the Verizon site and followed a reccomendation to install VZAccess Manager version 7.3.14 2645A but that has not worked any better.

I hope I have explained this well enough for someone to help me with this. If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks, David

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem with 3G Five Spot on my Windows Vista computer
DYHIBB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Strange maching I have here. Last night I went to the music room and set up the hot spot and plugged the Belkin N150 into the USB connection and turned the machine on. Then I went into "Start-Connect to"  and chose the five spot wireless network connections and clicked on it. Then it signed on automatically and worked like a charm.

I think the dang machine is messing with me on purpose.  :smileyhappy:

Thanks, David

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DYHIBB
Enthusiast - Level 2

No help here at all? Is there a better place I can post this problem.

Thanks, David

0 Likes
Not applicable

It sounds like you adjusted a setting on your vista machine since your xp works fine.  I would contact your computer manufacturer to correct your settings.  Please repost if still having issues.  Thank you.

0 Likes
DYHIBB
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK then, I will concentrate on the computer settings and see if I canget anywhere that way.

Thanks, David

0 Likes
DYHIBB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Strange maching I have here. Last night I went to the music room and set up the hot spot and plugged the Belkin N150 into the USB connection and turned the machine on. Then I went into "Start-Connect to"  and chose the five spot wireless network connections and clicked on it. Then it signed on automatically and worked like a charm.

I think the dang machine is messing with me on purpose.  :smileyhappy:

Thanks, David

0 Likes