Sims card in another device
mattfrommontana

Can a SIMS card from a Mifi be used in an unlocked smart phone?  I'm new to all this, so please go easy on me.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Sims card in another device
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this a Verizon branded smartphone?  Are you trying to using overseas or in the states?  Also the plan associated with the MiFi doesn't have a voice and text plan with it so it wouldn't be provisioned correctly to use with a phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

What is a SIMS card?

0 Likes
mattfrommontana

Smartphone is a Motorola purchased in the UK where apparently (I'm told) all phones are unlocked.  The idea is to use this in the US not as a phone but to access the internet while traveling when away from the computer. (i.e. google maps, travel data, info, etc.)  I assume using this overseas is not an option based on the cost for data.  Also, in many other countries I am told I can buy a SIMS to use when I'm in that country.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As for Here our Set up is A little Different because of the Frequencies the Cell Companies use)  But you can use Wi-Fi on the Phone if you have Access to it.. 

0 Likes