Super Slow in San Francisco
slowband

Hi, I've been using mobile broadband for 18+ months and up until recently have been very pleased.  I use it daily in downtown San Francisco and Oakland.  In the last two weeks I've only been able to achieve a maximum download speed of 200k where it used to be three to five times that speed.

I'm using the Novaltel 727 usb modem (been using it for 18 months as well) and have even tried using the modem in both of my laptops. It's still super slow so it's not on my end.

Has any body else experienced this?  Any suggestions???

I'll have to change providers if I can't get this resolved real soon.

Thanks,

Slow_as_Molassess

0 Likes
Re: Super Slow in San Francisco
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
If you are using streaming video or anything like that, they may have capped/restricted your speed. Watching streaming video thru your BBA device is actually a violation of your Terms & Conditions w/ the card
0 Likes
Skedd
Could be something as simple as Verizon over selling your tower downtown and there is too much net congestion.  If signal strength and all else has not changed....that would be my guess.
0 Likes
KT

Stop in VZW store have them try another data card to see diff. then you know if it is card or network issue..

The store tech s are very good at diagnostics....good luck

0 Likes
sh

Mine keeps getting slower and slower. I use it in SF and in Socal. Read this post and see if you're pages reflect this condition:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/verizon-broadband-security-threat-or-just...

0 Likes
Not applicable
try doing this, before you connect, on VZAM go to options, then activation, if there have been changes made towers in your area this should bring you up to speed. If the problem persists contact support for trouble shooting.
0 Likes