UM175 NIGHTMARE
Rabidpandaofdea

I live in the country so my only connection to the internet is my UM175 modem which worked fine, albeit not a great signal, until last night when vzaccessmanager downloaded an update. Upon the installation of this update it no longer recognized the drivers for the modem but windows still recognized it as a Pantech USB modem. Without the disc I decided to wait until the morning to visit a verizon store. Upon arrival I was informed that this was not their fault and that i would have to pay a $20 fee to reinstall the drivers. How is this possible when a brand new air card costs $10??? They then informed me that if I didn't want to pay the fee i could find a wifi access point somewhere to install them. They wouldn't let me use theirs despite 2 employees sitting around on their wifi connection. I left. Will be switching to satellite after my contract ends in 2 months. After two hours on the phone with a customer service rep in my local mcdonalds i have now reinstalled the same vzaccessmanager that caused the problem in the first place and the modem does not work. Thank you verizon. Does anyone have another solution available or a place to download the old vzaccessmanager?

0 Likes
Re: UM175 NIGHTMARE
Rabidpandaofdea

Great customer service a the Mcdonalds btw. Manager even let me use a power socket behind the counter so my laptop survived this endurance trial

0 Likes