I'm not familiar with that modem, but I doubt it. However, your computer probably has a built in internet adapter, so you should be able to connect to your network. If not, go to WalMart and purchase a USB internet adapter to use.
The UWM190 as I was told is just an upgraded model of the UM175. BestBuy carries it now instead of the Pantech Um175.
Verizon Wireless UMW190 Global USB Modem (Verizon Wireless)
- Access The Internet Almost Anywhere In The World With GlobalAccess Capability
- Surf The Internet, Check Email, Access Corporate Networks - All Over Verizon's Cellular Network
- VZAccess Manager For Easy Connection Management
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP and Vista
- Automatically Connects To The Best Available Network
More than likely since the modem is already programmed to use the Verizon net work, it will not work using the wifi for your home WiFi network, unless your service with Verizon is turned off or if your somewhere where there is not a connection with the Verizon network.