USB Modem not working with MS7
dtinker12

We just recently purchased a new laptop with MS 7 on it and cannot get the USB modem to work.  It has been taken to the local Verizon store and they stated they could not fix it.  HMMM

Is there not a patch or driver for MS7?

0 Likes
Re: USB Modem not working with Windows 7
dtinker12

Should be noted as Windows 7

0 Likes
Re: USB Modem not working with MS7
khalv

Glad I am not the only person Verizon didn't bother to tell that this modem does not work with my brand new computer!!  I have been on the Micrsoft Windows searching for a driver update to make this work.  NO luck.  Anyone find anything that works?  The device works great on my ancient desktop but I REALLY need it to work with my laptop so I can be mobile!! 

0 Likes
mikek73

I also can not get my USB modem to work on my new laptop.  It did work on a friends laptop that had windows 7, so it must be some settings.  My computer is an HP Pavilion.  The problem that I have is when VZ Access attempts to detect my device (unable to detect device).  I had called about this and they had no idea why it doesn't work.  This may be an issue with something from HP instead of Windows 7.

0 Likes
majord

I am also having a significant problem with my USB760 and HP Pavilion Entertainment PC with Windows 7 Home Premium.  VZAccess installs from the device, but then the device is not detected by the access manager.  When I remove the device and re-insert it, the device does not recognize that the app has already been installed.  Reinstalling does no good.  I wait for over five minutes and the device is not detected.  I do not know where to go from here.

0 Likes
DavidVairin

Sounds like I'm not the only one with this problem.  I have spoken with the Verizon Rep for hours and they don't know what is wrong.  I bought a new HP laptop Windows 7, 64-bit, i7 processor and the UMW190.  Nothing seems to work.  I even went and got a new UMW190 and that one didn't work.  I had geek squad take a look and they didn't know.

I even restore my laptop back to factory image thinking I had installed something.  Has anyone figured out what settings need to be changed for this to work.  I can get it to work on my other XP desktop without a problem.

Help!!!

0 Likes
kenrbnsn

I have the same problem on a new Dell laptop running Windows 7, which I had to buy when the disk on my old XP laptop went south. So it's not an HP problem, but a Windows7 problem.  I tried setting up a standard user, but that didn't work. Has anyone found a solution to this mess yet? I don't want to pay $60/month for something that doesn't work.

Ken

0 Likes
Not applicable

I guess one possible solution would be to purchase a CradlePoint router and plug your USB modem into the router.  I have a CradlePoint MBR1000 and CTR350 and they both work great.  I got mine here  http://moremobileinternet.com/

0 Likes
kenrbnsn
I just ordered the CTR350. Hopefully it will work correctly. Ken
0 Likes
scottn7

I too have the same problem on my new laptop with Windows 7.  The VZ Access software cannot detect my Pantech UMW190 modem, so I never can connect.  What a waste of 60.00 a month.  C'mon Verizon fix this now please.

Anyone figure out a solution or a fix to this?  Tech support is no help so far.

Scott

0 Likes