USB Plug Exposed Wires LG 4G LTE USB Modem VL600
Blue_Moon

My roommate bought a  LG 4G LTE USB Modem VL600 from a local store.  After a couple of months, we noticed that

the USB plug on the cord (that plugs into the USB port in back of her laptop) had exposed wires, right above the plug.

It wasn't like that when she bought it.  She very rarely moves her laptop from it's location and the cord definitely was not abused,

twisted, etc.. 

I upgraded to Win7 and hence had to upgrade to the LG 4G LTE USB Modem VL600.  I bought mine on-line and have had it

since March 2012 and the same thing has happened. 

I've used Verizon for years.  I had my 3G USB Modem for 3+ years.  The cord on that modem was made very well.  Not

with the thin rubber that is on the 4G.

No I didn't buy insurance, nor did she.  Can't cry over spilled milk, but this definitely is a sign of a cheap manufactured product.

So we both have used electrical tape to try and stave off any future problems.  I doubt they will last for long.

It's not fair.  There should be a "lemon law" for problems like this.  Consumers should be protected from inferior products on the market.

This modem should not have started coming apart after 2 and 3 months of usage.  I'd find it hard to believe that we are the only

two people with this modem, that has this problem.

I am really disappointed with LG and Verizon now.  I've had several LG products over the years and loved them.

Loved my Verizon services too.  Always said I'd stay with them, but once my contract is up, I'm outta here.

Tags (6)
0 Likes
Re: USB Plug Exposed Wires LG 4G LTE USB Modem VL600
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

If your USB modem is only 2-3 months old then it will still likely be covered by the VZW warranty.  Most warranty's are good for 6-12 months after a device has been purchased.  No need for insurance on a problem like this.  Give VZW tech support a call  or stop by a store and get the devices swapped out.

Just curious, are you noticing any symptoms on the USB modems in terms on performance?  Slow speeds, requent disconnects, unable to access sites and services?

0 Likes