USB551L with router
dennewitzfamily

I had a 3G USB dongle connected to a router with a usb connection on the back.  This worked fine until I decided to upgrade to 4G.  It is not in my area but I was going to save 10 dollars a month.  I receieved the USB551L, and when I got home I plugged it in to my router and it failed to work.  After studying I found a router that did say it was compatible, it is a sapido GR-1733.  I am still unable to get the USB modem to work, unless I connect directly to the computer, then only allowing one computer internet access at a time.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: USB551L with router
tracker141
Enthusiast - Level 2

Were you able to see if there was a firmware update for your router? The router may need to be updated to use the new card.

0 Likes
dennewitzfamily

Yes I have the most up to date firmware for both router and modem.

I also have no password on sim card.

There are settings for service which I have tried them all UMTS/HSPA/HSDPA/HSUPA, CDMA/CDMA 2000, T-SCDMA, and some specific smartphones.  It also ask for APN ? Phone number, and MTU size and authentication ( Auto, CHAP, PAP)

Let me know if any of these could be giving me problems.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
tracker141
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a little research on your issue. I don't like that I don't see a 4G option but being that it's Verizon I would do the CDMA option, and leave it on the Auto option. Now that its a 4G card I would imagine this would still be the same but your information should be:

Username: 10 digit number@vzw3g.com (or 3gvzw.com)

Password: VZW

Phone number: #777

Hope this helps in your set up.

0 Likes