USB760 Phone Number, Where Stored? Can I Borrow a USB760 Device and Associated Account?
Jon_Smythe17

Greetings VWC,

Novice Novatel Ovation USB760 device user here, and (full disclosure) am using what I understand to be resold Verizon 3G service on a monthly plan with a 5GB softcap.  I'm in rural setting and assisting neighbor with external antenna and Cradlepoint CTR350 router installation for WiFi.  He's received the gear and a USB760 device.  I'm planning to insert his device into my laptop and use Verizon Access Manager to monitor signal strength to assist with antenna siting and orientation.

1.  Can I do this without gumming up my Verizon Access manager app?  Granted, when *my* USB760 moves from my CTR500 to my laptop, I'm using a Novatel Mobilink app, but he's going to be on a Verizon pay-as-you-go 3G service and I want to show him actual signal strength with his device and his plan.

2.  Do I need to muck about with phone numbers, as in entering his mobile access phone number into my laptop somewhere?

3.  Where exactly is the mobile access number stored?  On the USB760?  Manually entered into VWAM somewhere?

4.  Lastly, how do I reassure him that even having used his device and plan with my laptop, that I am unable to purchase a USB760 device, enter his phone number, and use his plan?

Alternately, if I can be confident that the resold service I'm using is provided from the same everything (tower, equipment, etc.) as will be used for his Verizion pay-as-you-go plan, I could use my device and my plan to site the antenna.  Anyone know how I go about doing this?  My customer support answers on the third ring, is located in the Midwest, is very friendly, and seems to know squat about the technological end of their business.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Jon

0 Likes
Re: USB760 Phone Number, Where Stored? Can I Borrow a USB760 Device and Associated Account?
Not applicable
Why are you going through all this? Just plug the USB760 into his CradlePoint CRT350 and put his antenna in the window facing the closest Verizon tower.
0 Likes