Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Unable to connect to 890L Hotspot
tmc1284

I was attempting to disconnect from the 890L in order to obtain a new ip address so I entered the admin at 192.168.1.1, then went to "Wi-Fi Settings" > "Connected Devices" and selected "Disconnect". I am now unable to connect to the router or the admin area for the router.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect to 890L Hotspot
tmc1284

I got it working again by going to the "ACL" tab and accepting the MAC address that was listed as "dropt".

Is it possible to obtain a new ip adddress without having to turn the power button off and on on the router?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect to 890L Hotspot
John_Getzke
Champion

Sure, disconnect and reconnect from your computer/device.  The new attempt to connect will refresh your IP.  Chances are that you will be assigned the same IP address as before so it wont be a "new" IP. 

Chances are that if your 890L is dropping your devices that its glitching on something temporary.  Try to restore the defaults on the 890L to refresh it.  There should be a small reset button underneath the back cover by the battery that can do this for you.

0 Likes