Unlimited Broadband Data Plan...what's it worth if you got-ta-have it?
k8s

I have an unlimited broadband data plan that I used in an air card, and I'm not using it. The online VZ rep said the plan could be transfer to another customer. My plan is $60, and the new plans don't even offer unlimited. 10GB cost you $80 + $10 for every gig over. Who or what would require 100GB, 250GB, or 1000GB per month. I need to find that guy, because I've got a deal he'll love.

Thanks guys,

K8S

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Broadband Data Plan...what's it worth if you got-ta-have it?
painful2
Enthusiast - Level 3

still have it?

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

You do realize even with an Unlimited plan after 5GB you will be throttled back to in some cases dialup speed.  Verizon looks at these cases on case by case basis.

0 Likes
spkay31
Enthusiast - Level 3

PM me if you still have it. I need unlimited since I can run over the 10Gb with my modem in a Cradlepoint router.

0 Likes
ejcouch

I also run the 760 and have been "Optimized" i.e. Throttled. After hour on the phone with Verizon they claim if i drop my unlimited plan and purchase the over priced 4G plan with a new device they will never 'Optimize " me again. They claim I am top 5% on my specific site tower. I say BS why have an unlimited plan if you cant use it. I have been throttled to 5 k-30k down and same up with spikes lasting less than 1 second. This has been taken to Attorny General and waiting  response.

0 Likes
spkay31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, I have two phones due for upgrade in April. I was hoping that with these two at home and the 10Gb data plan on the modem I wouldn't have any issues living with the 10G cap since I could do big streams, like Netflix, on the phones and wouldn't hit the modem limit under normal circumstances. If I can't use a phone with an unlimited plan to watch Netflix a few times a month what good is the unlimited plan?  I'll keep an eye on the VZW forums and see if others are getting throttled regularly and for what kind of traffic. Other than P2P I can't see how legitimate downloads or video/audio streaming use should ever be throttled.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smartphones with an unlimited data plan are allowed to keep the grandfathered unlimited data plan when upgrade to a new smartphone.

Broadband devices are not allowed to be grandfathered into an unlimited plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes