Used Equipment
custuslong

I am thinking about buying a used Express card (KPC 680) and signing up for service. I would like to know

what the stipulations are for using someone elses card? If they possibly owed money or didn't fufill their

contract could this prevent me from using the card. Is there a way to find out this first before I buy?

0 Likes
Re: Used Equipment
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
There are no stipulations other than the device has to be an approved Verizon Wireless device.  Even if the customer owed a $10,000 bill on their old account, you would be setting up a new account in your name. 
0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
If the device has been reported lost or stolen and the person had the ESN put on a deny list and never removed it, you will not be able to use the device.   You could always call technical support and they can let you know if the device is on any type of deny list. 
0 Likes
ptosis

Why do I have to call when i should able to check if on negative list without activating it. Looking at phone on Ebay.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it may be a hassle to check for a phone on the negative list, but there is good news for you! You can check for an ESN by going here
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/estore/certifieddevice/cd. Generally, if it refers you to call us, that will let you know that the device is on the negative list, but you can always confirm with us. I hope this will work out and be easier for you.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes