Using Broadband while driving
Pyment

Not actually while I am driving. That would be worse than texting.

I would like to get some work done while my spouse is driving.

I tried a mobile wireless modem I borrowd from work. Using US Cellular and VPN it seemed every time we changed towers I would get disconnected and would need to reconnect (this was a long trip).

Would I expect the same if I was using a Verizon Modem or an Android phone?

0 Likes
Re: Using Broadband while driving
Cellguru

Pyment wrote:

Not actually while I am driving. That would be worse than texting.

I would like to get some work done while my spouse is driving.

I tried a mobile wireless modem I borrowd from work. Using US Cellular and VPN it seemed every time we changed towers I would get disconnected and would need to reconnect (this was a long trip).

Would I expect the same if I was using a Verizon Modem or an Android phone?

You should be able to use it without a problem within the service area, but high bandwidth apps (streaming video etc) may be interrupted.

VPN may introduce a wrinkle we have not used before, if you have to connect via VPN, I would do a trial period before you commit. 

We use them routinely on the road wihout VPN with pretty good success.

HTH

0 Likes
Pyment

When you say "a trial period", how do I try it without buying it.

0 Likes
Cellguru

Pyment wrote:

When you say "a trial period", how do I try it without buying it.

I believe that all the providers have a 14 or 30 day trial, long enough to determine whether or not it will work in the area you need it to.  If not you return the device and have no contract.

HTH

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You would have to pay for the device you choose. You do have the option to purchase a free phone if its one available that you like.  But if not satisfied for what ever your reason is you can return the device any accessories purchased and you will be refunded here is a link to view our return policy http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=RETURN_POLICY&jspName=footer/returnPolicy.jsp   so you would have a clearer understanding if you decided to return the device if purchased.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I use as USB760 and a CradlePoint travel router. I also use an indoor antenna stuck in the backseat headrest. It works very well.
0 Likes