Using Verizon Broadband for Direct TV On Demand Downloads
mp89

I recently purchased Direct TV and am very pleased to-date with all performance.  I also have Verizon Broadband service and am interested in using it for Direct TV On Demand downloads.  Any experience out there with this application? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Using Verizon Broadband for Direct TV On Demand Downloads
SomeSlob

Normally, you will need to connect the DVR to your home network as it uses the Internet to download your on demand menus/selections to the DVR.  You will be able to watch the show as soon as the DVR thinks you have enough of the show as a buffer to start watching it.  Depending upon your connect speed this could take some time. Personally I was disappointed in this approach, as I am a gamer and don't want to use up my DSL bandwidth for television viewing.  IMO Cable is doing a better job of On Demand as they deliver all the content down the same cable and it is immediate.  Evidently this is not feasible in the satellite world.

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

You **DO** realize there is a 5gb cap, right?

I can see you going over your monthly limit in a matter of days downloading movies on demand.

You definately picked the wrong service for heavy downloads ! !

0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

Unless you are a multi-millionaire you won't want to use a 5GB service for downloading much  video content!!

0 Likes