Using the Pantech 4G LTE USB Modem UML290 with Windows 7 Service Pack 1
jamessl50

It seems once I got a new PC with Windows 7 and installed the latest version of Access manager, the USB Modem will not connect and gives an error saying that the network profile is invalid or not found.  Is there a fix, since the staff at tech support (they tried their best) said it was a compatibility issues with Windows 7?  I did not have any problems with it under Windows XP but now that all PC's are running Windows 7 and soon 8, I would like to keep this modem vs. buys a new one.

0 Likes
Re: Using the Pantech 4G LTE USB Modem UML290 with Windows 7 Service Pack 1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamessl50 - I'm sure you have tried to download the newest version of VZ Access Manager for the UML290 and Windows 7, but if not, here is the link: http://vzam.net/download/download.aspx?productid=1109

Let us know if you have been able to connect since you originally posted this thread, as we would like to assist further if needed.

Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter: @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jamessl50

Ihad already tried to use the latest version of the Access Manager, and everything we tried and even advice from Microsoft has not worked.  I am now looking at a new hot spot that is wireless and should not have this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jamessl50,

Thank you for working along with our technical support team to try to fix this trouble. I was unable to verify if they tried the tool fix with Windows 7 to get everything to work right. If they didn't please go to http://www.vzam.net/download/download.aspx?productid=921 and go to "Installation Instructions and/or Device Drivers" and click the hyperlink "UML290 VPN Connection Issues - Read Me and save the zip file. When the zip file is extracted it will show 2 files: UML290 LAN Mode Setting Simple Tool.exe file and UML290 VPN Connection Issues - Read Me pdf file. The pdf file has instructions on how to run the Pantech UML290 Utility to enable LAN mode. If the trouble still continues after that then a different device will definitely be needed. Is your line eligible to upgrade so we can get you a wireless model? Please let us know so we can address this with you.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow me on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
64waves

I was not able to get my UML290 to work.  I could connect to my work VPN but could not get the Remote Desktop.  My work suggested that with windows 7 get the USB 551L.  When I got that hooked up I was able to modify the settings for that driver to LAN mode.   Control Panel/Programs/select your driver/hit 'change' at top of listing/go through wizard, when you get to the panel that says NDIS and LAN, NDIS will be selected.  Select LAN and finish wizard.  Reboot and try again with new 551L modem.  Why isn't the 'Read me' stuff referenced above in a driver update?  The tech support person had to put me on hold twice so he could READ THINGS HE LOOKED UP ON THE INTERNET to fix my problem. Why always such a hassle with Verizon products??  Windows 8 just came out, any issues with Windows 7 should have been long addressed.  Ya think????????

0 Likes