VZAccess Manager And Microsoft Error Code 2738
bigmama

I am trying to install VZAccess manager to my dell desktop.  I guess it is a problem bc it is 64 bit.  I keep getting Microsoft Code 2738.  I have talked to the Verizon tech people and they say it is a microsoft problem.  I have no idea where to go from here.  Help!!  If I do not get this fixed soon my children will commit mutiny!!

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager And Microsoft Error Code 2738
GBPacker

Hi. I don't know if this works on 64 bit, but I had this problem when installing, and found an answer on the internet.  Look at

http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/how-to-resolve-error-2738/

I didn't have the registry keys mentioned, so I just got right clicked on the DOS prompt icon, selected Run as Adminstrator, and typed the commands to register the two dlls.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Boutwell

To resolve the issue, download and install Microsoft Windows Script Host Version 5.6 on the system.

This link is taken from the website in the last post. Downloa this link to a flash drive or mem card and install on the pc with the issues. I just did this and it DID work to correct the installation problem, and it was also very easy.

P.S. It says on the download link that it is for Windows XP, but I just used it on Windows Vista and it worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
webdragon

This is what worked for me... I have Windows 7, 64 bit.....

If you are using 64-bit version of Windows:

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator:
    1. Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
    2. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  2. Type the following command in the prompt: reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f, then hit Enter.
  3. Next, you must also type the following command: c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 vbscript.dll, then hit Enter.
0 Likes
Nartural09

Hello.

I have tried numerous times to install VZ Access Manager for my Mifi 2200 and I tried just about everything suggested above but I still get the error 2738 message.  I have a dell studio 15 laptop with Windows 7 w/ XP mode.  Can anyone help? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
tmallon05

Have you found a fix,   I have not  I do not have the registry keys to delete...  windows 7 starter 32bit

0 Likes
terter1990

Thank God, I thought it was just me! I first installed on my laptop with no problems, then went to install on hubby's and ERROR CODE 2738 is turning me into and banshee help!!

0 Likes
Nartural09

I have not been able to fix this problem.  I got an email from Verizon that the script error I am receiving is beyond the scope of their technical support.   They suggested I contact my PC manufacturer or Microsoft Tech Support so they can help me uninstall and reinstall the items that need troubleshooting.

0 Likes
cathyw

webdragon,

I have a windows 7, 64 bit. I have tried many suggestions to no avail. Ran scannow. Did not work. Tried your solution. Did not work. Hoping someone out there has the solution to error 2738 vbscript runtime issues.

0 Likes
CharlesW

If you've had any form of virus protection PREVIOUSLY installed, you should find/download/run that antivirus removal tool to cleanup and fix residual traces.  Not saying to remove your antivirus currently installed (although it could be an issue), just saying their uninstallers are ....crap.  Many antivirus programs such as McAfee "hijack" vbs executions to prevent harm, however if the software is uninstalled, but the hook is still there, it can't run.  Just ran the McAfee Removal Tool on my 3rd "I can't get my USB card / Software to install" this fall, cleared my issue right up.

0 Likes