VZAccess Manager Installation Help Please!
Nartural09

Hello.

I have tried numerous times to install VZ Access Manager for my Mifi 2200 with no success.  I keep getting the 2738 error message.  I have tried to unregister and re-register both vbscript.dll and jscript.dll from the cmd window in both the System32 and SysWOW64 folder and I still can not install VZ Access manager.

I have a dell studio 15 laptop with Windows 7 & XP mode.  Can anyone help? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager Installation Help Please!
tmallon05

did you ever resolve   been chasing this error myself  acer aspire one netbook and windows 7 startet

0 Likes
Nartural09

I have not been able to fix this problem.  I got an email from Verizon that the script error I am receiving is beyond the scope of their technical support.   They suggested I contact my PC manufacturer or Microsoft Tech Support so they can help me uninstall and reinstall the items that need troubleshooting.

0 Likes
BDW

I could never get my Dell Studio 15 to recognize my Pantech USB until after I updated the Dell's firmware. Don't know for sure that the firmware update was the fix, but that was the only major change I had made to the computer.

0 Likes
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

Try going to the command window and type

sfc /scannow

press enter.

0 Likes
cathyw

And then what? What is accomplished by this recommendation to scan? I have a windows 7 and cannot get VZ Access to download properly.

0 Likes
cathyw

Did anyone ever get this worked out? I am likewise unable to get VZ Access to download on my Samsung Windows 7. Get error message. Frustrated.

0 Likes
cathyw

I ran the scannow and it did not solve the problem.

0 Likes
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

cathyw wrote:

And then what? What is accomplished by this recommendation to scan? I have a windows 7 and cannot get VZ Access to download properly.

What is accomplished is the command scans Windows 7 OS files to verify all is as it should be.  If not, it fixes them.  

Things happen with Windows Updates, Service Packs and other things to cause some files to be misplaced.

If the scan told you it didn't find any errors, then you are fine with the OS.  

If you visit the Dell Support site, they do have information in there regarding the issue of the MBB.  Not specifically the error but it may help.

This is a script error, there are two possible fixes that I am aware of.  

1. The registry must be fixed.

2. You need to make sure you have the latest version of Windows installer.

Will post more on the registry fix.

0 Likes
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action.

Cause

1. This error message indicates that the VBScript engine is not currently registered on the machine where the install/uninstall is taking place.
  2. Resolution
  3. The VBScript engine can be quickly registered by following these steps:
  4. Run Command Prompt as administrator:
  5. Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
  6. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  7. Run the following command:
  8. If you are using 32-bit version of Windows:
  9. Type cd %windir%\system32 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
  10. If you are using 64-bit version of Windows:
  11. Type cd %windir%\syswow64 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
  12. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter.

If the above solution does not work, try the following alternative steps

1. If you are using 32-bit version of Windows:
  2. Run Command Prompt as administrator:
  3. Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
  4. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  5. Type the following command in the prompt: reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE \Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f, then hit Enter.
  6. Next, you must also type the following command: c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 vbscript.dll, then hit Enter.
  7. You should now be able to install your Nitro PDF software product.
  8. If you are using 64-bit version of Windows:
  9. Run Command Prompt as administrator:
  10. Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
  11. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  12. Type the following command in the prompt: reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f, then hit Enter.
  13. Next, you must also type the following command: c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 vbscript.dll, then hit Enter.

This is what I've found on the error.  Be very careful when messing around in the registry.  Make sure to download the updated Installishield Windows Installer.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes