VZAccess Question please....
Radman

I shut of my Gateway Netbook before disconnecting VZAccess a couple days ago.  Now when I boot it, it doesn't find Verizon Broadband, just our home wifi    Same on the road.  The screen says the device is disabled, but from every device manager on my computer, it says enabled and working correctly.

I think I need to delete and reinstall this software?  Can anyone please provide directions as to the .exe file that I would delete and re-install?  Or steps to complete this process?

I sent this via a trouble ticket to Verizon support going on 3 days ago with no response from them within their promised 24-48 hour window.   Go figure....

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!:smileytongue:

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Question please....
Not applicable

First, I would shut down your internal network adapter or remove your network adapter card so your computer does not try to connect via wifi to other networks.  My Dell laptop shuts down the internal network adapter by pressing Fn F2.  Next try to connect to your Verizon mobile wireless device and see what happens.  If it will not connect, you can go into device manager and delete it there.  You can remove your VZAccess software by going into Control Panel - Add or Remove programs and remove it there.  Now you should be able to reinstall your Verizon device and the VZAccess software.

0 Likes
Radman

My computer doesn't try to connect  with any network outside of the VZAccess Manager.  When I turn on the VAManager, it doesn't recognize Verizon WWAN.  It says device disabled.  Device manager says all devices are working properly.  When I go to "detect embedded" in the Access Manager program, it says the WWAN device is disabled.  I don't know how to enable the darn thing.  I can remove VZAccess, but would like to know the name of the .exe program in my C: drive so I can re-install.

0 Likes
Not applicable

In your first post you said your computer is seeing your home network.  The only way that is happening is via your internal network adapter or an internet adapter card, depending upon which one your have.  I suggested you turn this off or remove it to see if that would make any difference.  Anyway, my Dell computer did exactly what you are describing.  The way I resolved it is by what I posted above.

0 Likes
AEROCOM

I have the HP netbook using both the VZACESS WWAN and also my home linksys network.

I had a problem with these. They both show in the MANAGER along with hotels neighbors or anything in reach.

To alleviate my conflict I went to NETWORK CONNECTION on the tool bar or control panel and on and accessibility page checked the box for ......SHARING THIS COMPUTER WITH OTHER INTERNET CONNECTIONS. This does a good job of making smooth transitions between use of other connections. (home, coffee shop, hotel) Anywhere that you can connect and don't want to use your 5G.

Before I found this answer; I too had the device recognition problem. I restored to the day before I did the shut off without shut down. No problem since.

I hope any of this helps. I have a desktop , tablet, laptop, and netbook. The netbook gives me the least issues. It has been a great buy, especially when my ISP at home does its weekly no service routine.

Good luck,

A

0 Likes
AEROCOM

Not sure, but I think right double clicking on the VZACESSMANAGER icon on the desktop re-established auto detection for the device.

Btw; if you are using another provider, shut the VZ device down on the bottom of the drop down under options. It will keep it from trying to undercut your internet request on the other service. It does this seditiously because they naturally want to use the 5G. Clicking the red (disconnect wwan button will not keep it off if it detects certain requests) Options are the only way to shut it off completely until to click connect.

Hope this helps,

A

0 Likes