I have noticed on two Windows 7 64-bit machines that the VZAM software, while connected to the 4G network, continuously increases its memory usage (RAM). If I have it open for several hours, for example, I could have several hundred megs of RAM in use by VZAM, and I can watch it increase. If I disconnect the service but leave the VZAM software running, the memory stops increasing.
I am on the latest version of VZAM, and have the latest firmware for my LG VL-600. I have discussed the issue with support and was basically told there was nothing they could do to help!
Anyone seeing the same issue?
That is an interesting observation you made, sounds like a bug. Are you reviewing the RAM used by VZAM in your Task Manager or some other utility? A screenshot would help us understand what it is you are looking at.
Theres always the simple troubleshooting steps:
- Reinstall VZAM on one of the machines and monitor for differences
- Restart the VZAM service when the mem gets too high and observe
- Test installing the software and USB modem on a different OS / friends comp to compare, if possible
- Connect to 3G only and compare, if possible
- Reload one of the Win7 machines and compare, if possible
If there is a mem leak should we assume the performance of your computers slowly deteriorates overtime too?