Verizon Jetpack - Lack of Transparency
hastings52510

I am very frustrated with how I have acquired this Verizon Jetpack and the charges that come with it. I entered a Verizon store in Essex, VT about a month ago. My current phone was not working so I decided to upgrade as I wanted to try out Iphone anyways. When I selected my phone the sales person said that I get a free gift of a Verizon Jetpack that allows you to use Wi-Fi anywhere along with it. I thought that was pretty cool so I said sure why not. The sales person toggled through the screen pretty fast which was unnerving for me but I have never had issues before so I just let it go. When he asked me to sign the screen to finalize the order I asked him how much more my bill will be when all of this is processed. He told me that it would only be $20.00 more. Then he said that the Jetpacks were out of stock by the way so he would email it to me. When the Jetpack arrived I Googled it and found out that it uses your data. After seeing that I decided we would not use it and it has sat in my car in it's shipping box unused since the day it was received. I figured we would be ok since there was not charge for it as the sales person told me. I now get my bill a month later and I am being charged $80+ for that Jetpack that I had never used. Come to find out the Jetpack comes with an activation fee and other charges as well as a monthly fee and it has it's own line on your account. I want this line cancelled and the charges removed. I will gladly return this Jetpack that has not been and will never be used by this household. I would appreciate some assistance on this matter. As it stands right now, I am ready to just cancel all the lines on my account, lodge a formal complaint (with the Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam, Presidential Appeals, and the FCC), and switch to another provider because I am so offended with the lack of transparency and the sneaky way that this transaction was handled just so that salesperson could get a kickback/incentive from selling an ancillary service.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack - Lack of Transparency
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hastings52510, We never want our customers to feel tricked into making a purchase. It's important that the terms & conditions are disclosed upon the customer signing the contract. We are here to help. If you no longer want your Jetpack, you must return it to the place of purchase.
TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes