Verizon MIFI 2200 - Please enable the GPS - or allow me to cancel my contract and go to Sprint!
dmann000

Simple request - stop disabling features of your devices.  The Novatel 2200 mifi has a gps chip inside, but it is not enabled on the Verizon MIFI model.  It is enabled on Sprint and gets great reviews.  Please enable this GPS functionality, or enable a contract cancellation with no fee - as it is not fair of you to limit your device for no reason.

Thank you,

-don

0 Likes
Re: Verizon MIFI 2200 - Please enable the GPS - or allow me to cancel my contract and go to Sprint!
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2

You agreed to the service with this device as is, without the GPS function. As it is not part of the contract, Verizon does not need to let you out of your obligation without the fee. Cancel if you like, but you'll be paying the fee.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon MIFI 2200 - Please enable the GPS - or allow me to cancel my contract and go to Sprint!
Not applicable

Not fair?  You bought it without GPS.  What's not fair about that?

0 Likes
dmann000

Finding out you bought a card with a feature the provider decided to just limit by choice.  Then finding out after you purchased it - that other vendors with the same card enabled the feature with out a hitch.

Verizon is known for not enabling GPS on devices outside of VZNavigator - but they have been starting to change that.  Mifi doesnt have a VZNavigator option - I thought this forum might be a good place to lobby for this feature, but clearly this is forum is not in support of improving capability to customers.

I like Verizon's network - but had I known at the time of purchase GPS were an option, and now seeing it at Sprint for the same price - I would have gone w/ Sprint in a heartbeat.  I just wish Verizon would stop limiting devices.

-don

0 Likes