Hello I have Verizon PC card for my laptop and I usaully have download speeds of 1-1.5mps but for the past few days it has gone down to 200-250kbps. I have full bars on my signal meter in VZAccess Manager.
What is the problem? Is anyone else having issues?
Are you connected to National Access or Mobile Broadband? If you're connnected to NA, it's very slow even w/ a full signal - a little bit better than dial-up, but not much.
This happened to me about a month & 1/2 ago... I called customer service several times & they finally issued a "trouble ticket" & sent someone out to check the towers in my area, I started connecting to Broadband again even though they said the problem was on my end & they had done nothing to the tower - ??? You'll probably have to call them. Good luck!
Another possibility... do you have an old contract with "unlimited useage"? If so you may have gone over the 5GB threshold that is on the contract and while you are still unlimited in total useage VZ can and will (at least they did to me) slow your speed down for at least a month. If you use more than 5 GB this month I suppose they will keep you at a slower speed. NO amount of begging or apologizing will get the speed bumped back up.
My wife and I are Alltel customers and we both have Alltel Huawei USB internet cards. Last Sunday we both experienced a drop in download speeds to almost a dial-up rate. Verizon says they made some changes to their system about the same time you started experiencing problems! I took my card in to Verizon and a rep spent about two hours in an unsuccessful attempt to "upgrade" the software. I was told my card is defective. Hard to believe that both our cards became defective simultaneously!. I am also interested in finding out how may other Verizon customers are having problems since they made their changes in mid November.
We are also converted Alltel customers with an Huawei EC228 modem. A week ago Friday, our speed dropped about 10x.
A Verizon national customer service rep said the PRL (preferred roaming list) had been updated from version from 40057 to 40058, and that was probably the cause of the problem. I have not been able to update to the new PRL through device activation yet. I'm about ready to change service providers if a visit to local Verizon store is unsuccessful this week.