Wireless internet
FireClaw26

I currently am using the UMW 190 USB MOdem on my laptop.  I would like to be able to expand this internet connection to devices like my Nintendo Wii in the house.  Is this possible without buying a defice like the MiFi?  The only reason I dind't purchase that was because it claimed to only have a 4 hour battery life on wifi and then it was just a glorified USB modem after that.  To me that is basicly useless.

Any advice that can be given on if I can somehow transform my USB internet into a Wireless link for at least my wifi even if I have to run my laptop to do it would be appreciated!

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wireless internet
Not applicable
They have cheaper models. You just have to study the features of each and decide what you need.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable
You need a CradlePoint router. I have an MBR1000 and it works great. You plug your USB modem directly into the router. Then you connect your computer and other devices to the router wirelessly or plug them into the router. I got mine here: http://moremobileinternet.com/
0 Likes
FireClaw26

Thanks for the information but dang $187 thats friggen expensive lol!  I was hoping something liek 60 bucks but anyhow again thanks for the information!

0 Likes
Not applicable
They have cheaper models. You just have to study the features of each and decide what you need.
0 Likes