Xbox live on verizon wireless
samuraizuk

I've had verizon wireless for over a year now and i use it to play xbox live. Over the last few months i have had problems with my connection while playing xbox live. For example when i play call of duty i will constantly go from green bars to one red bar and back to green. It will do this the whole match pretty much every game. Yet if i play on a game with a dedicated server i have no problems. I was wondering if maybe verizon was causing these problems since they would view it as a peer to peer connection?

0 Likes
Re: Xbox live on verizon wireless
travis12345

i play a lot of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with my Verizon Wireless mobile broadband.  I do experience a constant lag. i am usually 1 bar, sometimes 2 bars if that host is a good connection.

i am usually 1/2 second  or more behind everyone else.  and i still do pretty good.  I think verizons speed is there, it is just the latency of the connection.  Also, they are not NAT'ing their ip addresses correctly.  It gives me a NAT status of moderate. and I can not make it OPEN.

I am perfectly happy that i lag because without this connection,  i can not get on live at all. i live 4 miles out of town, and about 1 mile out of dsl range.

I just wish verizon would support xbox live more, maybe partner with microsoft on it.

0 Likes
zmanmarshall

I travel all the time and ive been looking for a way to get my xbox on live when im not at home,how are you guys connecting, are you able to plug the USB broadband card into the xbox, or do you need to have the wifi box, most motels i stay at have wireless but are not up to speed ,wont connect with xbox.any help please,i need LIVE.

0 Likes
aintigreat

Get a wireless router from  http://www.3gstore.com/cradlepoint  YOU will get tech support for your gaming plus they have an evdo gaming guide,

You will be able to connect at anytime to your xbox via wireless or etherent.

0 Likes