ambushed!
dymonddlady54

I am in no way a geeky type person that knows the difference between killobytes, data usage etc.  i bought the MiFi because I needed internet access for my job. I bought the 4 G right.  No one in the store ever explained to me that it was not unlimited, or that when a message states something about usage 50% means you are close to your limit. So, I went over and got a surprising verizon bill for More than $500.00!!... the response from the representative."well, we sent you information,you were close to your limit".  YES, to someone who didnt understand that the internet was not unlimited!... so i try to discontinue the service... oh yeah, just try it... contract is until 10/2013.  so, whats to be done?... anyone in the same boat?... do we need to take a computer class before buying data equipment...?... what a ripp off.

0 Likes
Re: ambushed!
AZSALUKI
Legend

next time you get a warning about your usage limit, you should just call and ask them to explain it. you ignored a warning that they clearly gave you. i feel bad for you, but they did their part to let you know you were going to exceed your limit.

Spiral
Master - Level 1

After reading your post, I would indeed recommend you take some computer classes before purchasing additional equipment/plans.  Maybe you can get the training through your employer?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ya say you did not know it was not unlimited. Did you look at your receipt? Did you ask??? And even the warning which subscribers have been wanting for ages, did not even pique your interest???

Sorry, not a rip off.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<Thread moved from the "Apple" space to the Broadband & Netbook Community" space for more exposure.>

0 Likes
datapoor
Enthusiast - Level 2

i so feel your pain as! i also was mislead in december, we were told that as long as you dont do netflx you will not go over your plan of 5 and that in fact you can tranfer your email account from your origional internet provider. great sign us up, trial was up before the bill got here and was over 2 gigs just with my motorola Xoom and had not even canceled my original ISP. called VZW helpline and she said you should nit have canceled your original ISP as this is used more for people on the go! emailed BBB and then finally was contacted by a so called executive withVZW! she gave e a little credit for the next two years but would not let me out of contract. now here it is 9 days into my march bill and over half way through my data plan. the average household goes through around 22 and a half gigs per month .not a hater, just wish VZW would give us a little mor data for the 80.00 a month ,also think the replies to your post are VZW eemployees since they really dog in this fight. better sign off so i can shut down my computer for the day to save data for my daughter in case she has fifteen minutes of homework tonight. always take a contract to a lawyer or yes take time and study it from top to bottom and front to back. ill bet the trollers here do not have MIFi or again they would not have a dog in this fight! PS good luck as we are just a grain of salt in the sea.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

datapoor wrote:

i so feel your pain as! i also was mislead in december, we were told that as long as you dont do netflx you will not go over your plan of 5 and that in fact you can tranfer your email account from your origional internet provider. great sign us up, trial was up before the bill got here and was over 2 gigs just with my motorola Xoom and had not even canceled my original ISP. called VZW helpline and she said you should nit have canceled your original ISP as this is used more for people on the go! emailed BBB and then finally was contacted by a so called executive withVZW! she gave e a little credit for the next two years but would not let me out of contract. now here it is 9 days into my march bill and over half way through my data plan. the average household goes through around 22 and a half gigs per month .not a hater, just wish VZW would give us a little mor data for the 80.00 a month ,also think the replies to your post are VZW eemployees since they really dog in this fight. better sign off so i can shut down my computer for the day to save data for my daughter in case she has fifteen minutes of homework tonight. always take a contract to a lawyer or yes take time and study it from top to bottom and front to back. ill bet the trollers here do not have MIFi or again they would not have a dog in this fight! PS good luck as we are just a grain of salt in the sea.

Just curious, but did you do your research AFTER you bought the mifi? If not, why didn't you think you would be going over your allowance if you were aware the "average" household goes through around 22.5GB/month. Maybe it's just me, but I normally research my needs PRIOR to making a purchase.

And about reading the contract, why would you want to do that? Why not just sign it and hope for the best?

0 Likes
datapoor
Enthusiast - Level 2

i did my research after the fact about average household usage. at the time i trusted the salesman at a dedicatedVZW store and yes i am not computer savvy ,i admit that. i have learned alot since dec though we all get screwed some point in life on contracts but in this instance 5 gigs for 50.00 or even 10 gigs for 80.00 is as ive learned not enough for a home internet primary service . i guess my family eats crow for two years thanks to VZW . if i told you how much money i make ,you would laugh as to why this guy is even posting this? the truth is i dont do facebook,twitter as im am a somewhat private person but this has really gotten under msy skin and to think of the families that truly cannot afford a screw up like this and has to maybe pay on a say a overage om 12 megabites are really screwed and with 23 months left on ther contract! there is a new plan coming this year called home fusion , sure  hop VZW lets us switch to it but i highly doubt it?

0 Likes
datapoor
Enthusiast - Level 2

maybe not a rip off but i think some people dont understand until  after the fact of signing that 5 or 10 is not alot of data for a month. you either work for VZW or you are just a genious and know everything. really if you agree that 10 for 80.00 a month is a great deal then i surrender to you as the expert.try for a month to keep your data under 10 , bet you cant!

0 Likes
TeeJCee

You are right. Verizon has always gone for the juggler when it comes to pricing their product. I am one who owns a MiFi 4150 as well. I am in an area where I can only get 3G on a GOOD day, so it would probably make you think that I can keep my numbers under 5 Gigs. Not SO! I can run it out faster than a bullet. Verizon needs to UP the data numbers to twice, or three times the current amount to appease most of us. I have had Verizon since the beginning of time (clear back to Air Touch). This is probably the biggest rip off they have ever perpertrated on the public. It really means that you have to stick to cable, or dsl, and forget 4G. It is about useless as it can get. Imagine anyone trying to do what they do on normal internet connections with MiFi.

RIIIIIPPPP OFFFFFF!

0 Likes