are the new jetpacks carrier unlocked?
adamhodge

I would like to know if the new jetpacks (Netgear Aircard 4g LTE Model 791L) are carrier unlocked.  So can I use a SIM card in Italy?  Thanks!

adam

0 Likes
Re: are the new jetpacks carrier unlocked?
rcschnoor
Legend

Whether or not they are carrier unlocked is not the only thing you need to check. Whether or not they are capable of utilizing the bands/frequencies used by your carrier in Italy is also a concern. If the devices are manufactured to be used on Verizon's LTE, they may not have the capabilities to send/receive a signal from a different band/frequency.

0 Likes
adamhodge

I understand that.  This one has the bands necessary for Italy.  I need to know if it is locked to Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You both  make great points. Being able to use you jet pack is a plus. All of our 4G powered devices are unlocked. As, rcshoonr mentioned if the carrier band is compatible then you should not have a problem. However, that's  all to be seen once you put the SIM card in.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes