help to register my MiFi4510
scottma150

tried to register, but it asked for my phone number.  my MiFi doesn't come with a phone number that i was ever given.

HOW can i register to pay bill or see usage, etc??

also -- does this devise come with email accounts?

0 Likes
Re: help to register my MiFi4510
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

scottma150 wrote:

tried to register, but it asked for my phone number.  my MiFi doesn't come with a phone number that i was ever given.

HOW can i register to pay bill or see usage, etc??

also -- does this devise come with email accounts?

Your MiFi does have a phone number associated with it.  That's how Verizon keys all of it's accounts.

Mine appears as the MDN in several places.

The password will be sent as an SMS text message, which you would have to read with Verizon Access Manager, a step I chose to skip.  I didn't install the VZ software.  If you don't read the SMS message, the password will be sent to you via US Mail, unless they have changed their stupid process.

--

Clarence

0 Likes
scottma150

Since this is my only devise with Verizon, don't know how I would receive a SMS message.

Guess I will wait for mail or go by a store.

Any idea if the MiFi has email addresses you can utilize?  I currently have satellite and that is why I purchased this, which means I won't have my email anymore once i cancel the satellite service.

Thanks.

0 Likes
scottma150

Since this is my only devise with Verizon, don't know how I would receive a SMS message.

Any idea if the MiFi has email addresses you can utilize?  I currently have satellite and that is why I purchased this, which means I won't have my email anymore once i cancel the satellite service.

Thanks.

0 Likes
scottma150

Thanks.

0 Likes
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

I use Gmail.  It doesn't matter who your internet provider is.

It seems like Verizon is confused about the email situation for my account.

I can go to Verizon.net, where there is a tab for email, and a "check email" button, but logging in at that point only takes me to my billing page, and I don't see how to get to email from there.

--

Clarence

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The MiFi does not have an email address associated with it.  Verizon will not send you anything relating to your account through email anyways.  Thier system is outdated and does not apply well to MiFi devices.

Wait for the mail or go into a store.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi scottma150

I apologize for any confusion surrounding the phone number needed to register your MiFi device online. As indicated by ClarDold (thanks!) the phone number assigned to your device is noted on your purchase documentation as MDN.

Our system indicates that if your email address was captured when your device was purchased (prior to activation) then you would receive an email with an embedded link to register your account/device. The link is only valid for 3 days.

Note: If the email address is not captured at time of purchase or email link not used within 3 days, Verizon Wireless will send a temporary password via U.S. Mail, and once the temporary password arrives, you can access http://www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon and complete the registration process.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes