how can I print from my MiFi2200 to a printer on existing home network?
larrytheG

My laptop can connect wirelessly to a home network via my Comcast Router or I can connect wirelessly to my MiFi2200.

My home network has a computer in the back bedroom with a printer attached to it with USB and my laptop can print to that printer via the home network workgroup.

How can I send stuff to that printer when I am connected to the MiFi 2200?

I've see the tips sheet about how to set up a home network with MiFi2200 but I'm already on one workgroup network.

Do I set up a second workgroup network ? 

it looks like the MiFi 2200 would have to know about the other wireless network and be able to communicate with it in order to pass a file to be printed to it.

surely this is not a special situation as I'm quite sure many folks have existing home wireless networks that they like to integrate with the MiFi 2200, right?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: how can I print from my MiFi2200 to a printer on existing home network?
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

obviously the home PC (the one that's got a printer hooked up to it) has be on the MiFi when u want to print.   :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: how can I print from my MiFi2200 to a printer on existing home network?
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Why would you want to be on the MiFi at home when you have a Comcast wireless router?  It seems that the bandwidth would be greater and with the MiFi you have the data limit.  Also with the other computer(s) on the comcast network, you would have to be on that one to print.  There is no way to connect two seperate wireless networks like that.

0 Likes