Re: mifi data theft, fraud by verizon class action lawsuit 2012
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You forgot a step in your instructions.     The other user also has to send you a follow request that you have to approve.  Once both of you are 'following' each other, then you can DM each other.

0 Likes
Not applicable

RidgeRider wrote:

Check out my post on Excess Data Usage With MiFi. I posted the day-by-day usage reported by Verizon and by NetWorx on my data usages from Dec. 24 to yesterday.

Just did a 24 hour test on my PC Windows 8 says I used 787 MB Networx says 556 MB. Quite a difference. Now which one is wrong? Right now I'm not sure. Point is just because Networx says you used less than Verizon does doesn't mean it's right.

RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Brian 68. I think you may be on to something. No program or provider is going to be perfect, but Verizon says it's never their fault.

Others, here are some more dissatisfied Verizon customers. Wade

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/785730?start=0&tstart=0

Not applicable

RidgeRider wrote:

Brian 68. I think you may be on to something. No program or provider is going to be perfect, but Verizon says it's never their fault.

I'm just saying that just because Networx says something doesn't mean it's right. Networx is free so it has no incentive to be accurate. Verizon has every incentive to have accurate meters since they can be sued and invested by the government for fraud if their meters are not correct. Now could they still be wrong? Sure, but as I said they have more incentive to correct errors.

I still say many people have issues because they do not have their connection secure. Doesn't apply to everyone but quite a few I'm sure. The same people that insist that is not the issue also admit they are not very good with technology either. What gets my goat is their insistence on not even bothering to see if that is an issue.

0 Likes
rayv0ne

Millions of wireless subscribers probably don't realize that since a U.S. Supreme Court decision last year, consumers can no longer file class action suits against their carriers.

Spaccarelli sued AT&T because, as he argued, AT&T had stopped offering him an unlimited data service. Instead, he said the company was slowing down his service when he used 1.5 GB to 2GB of data in a given month. Spaccarelli's service was "throttled" as a result of a new AT&T policy designed to curb heavy data usage by its unlimited subscribers.

But thanks to a Supreme Court decision in 2011, which upheld a company's right to include a clause in contracts prohibiting subscribers from suing the company as part of a class action, Spaccarelli had only two options when fighting AT&T's new policy: He could enter into an AT&T-funded arbitration program or file his suit in small claims court.

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Hey, rayvOne.

I read that post. But it can't be true! You don't really think that our Supreme Court would sell the American citizens out, do you?

That's sarcasm, Sheldon.

What I'm really wondering is why two law firms that specialize in class-action suits don't seem to know/believe this. And I can't find the contract I signed.

I went on-line, but can't find it. And I'm really convinced Verizon will send me a bill. That's why I asked if anyone knew the URL to the contract. Wade

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

<Email address and comments deleted to comply with the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

<Post deleted for discussion of moderation, cross posting violations and posting of an email transcript per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Actually, yes it is a violation of the Verizon community policies. You have posted this reply multiple times and THAT is a violation.

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Well then, I'll just post it on facebook. Don't want to violate any rules. Wade

That's sarcasm, Sheldon.