Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
mini HP netbook use with a usb card
buck95

I bought a HP mini  netbook when my 2 yr plan was up for my UM175 data modem. Unfortunately the netbook data card does not work at my work since I have to use an external antenna for decent signal. I have switched back to the usb modem on my normal laptop.

On occasions I'd like to be able to use  my USB data modem with my netbook. I know i can shut off the netbook modem but cant seem to get VZaccess manager to use my UN175.

If I could use the USB in lue of the built in I would not have to switch devises every time I want to take my netbook on a trip

Anyone have any luck doing this?.

0 Likes
Re: mini HP netbook use with a usb card
Not applicable
You can get a cradlepoint router for your USB card.
0 Likes
Re: mini HP netbook use with a usb card
CradlePoint

A CradlePoint router would be perfect.

LEAST EXPENSIVE

the new CTR35 = $79.99

CURRENT SPECIAL

PHS300 battery powered router + free second battery = $89.99 (thru march 31)

Both work with the UM175 and will create secure WiFi when you need it for all your WiFi enabled devices.

http://www.cradlepoint.com

0 Likes