pairing iPhone to MIFI 4620L Jetpack
skorg264

I'm doing something wrong so hopefully someone can help me.  While buying the Jetpack, the employee paired my iPhone to the Jetpack.  It works fine.  My wife's iPhone is not pairing or connecting.  Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?  Her WIFI setting on the iPhone is set to connect to the Jetpack; it just is not pairing or something.  Thanks for any help.

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: pairing iPhone to MIFI 4620L Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi skorg264, John Getzke gave some excellent troubleshooting steps before. Let us know if this resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Steve,

If I had to guess I would assume that your wife's iPhone has the incorrect password information stored for the MiFi.  You are going to have to try to re-enter that information on the iPhone to correct the problem.  I do not have access to an iPhone so I wont be able to provide you with the specific steps to accomplish that goal.  A quick google search or a call to apple may be the best course of action there.

What I can help you with is looking up your password credentials and configuration information.  Once you know that setting up a connection on your wifes device should be much easier.

To look up password info on the MiFi 4620L:

1. Power up and connect to the MiFi on a regular computer

2. Navigate to http://vz.hotspot
3. Log into the MiFi with your admin password (default is posted to the back of the device)

4. Navigate to WiFi > WiFi Profile

5. Record the following information

a. Network Name (SSID)

b. Security

c. WiFi Password

Once you have this info then try to re-enter it on the other iPhone.  Perhaps something was entered incorrectly the first time around.  The stats above should contain all the info that you need to create a good connection.

If these steps do not help the next thing to try would be switching the 802.11 mode.  I believe the default is B+G, so try bumping it up to B+G+N.  You can also try ruling out WiFi passwords all togeather by switching the selected profile type from secured to Open.  I do not recommend leaving your MiFi as an open connection, but sometimes it's helpful for troubleshooting purposes to know if the devices are incompatible or not.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

A quick search reminded me that Pairing is often something that Bluetooth devices do. 

There is no need to Pair your iPhone's to the MiFi if you are hoping to take advantage of Bluetooth.  For example you would Pair your iPhone with a BlueTooth headset or earpeice.  Pairing in this sense has nothing to do with the MiFi.  All the MiFi does is connect devices to the internet.

Please clarify for us if that is what you were going for.

0 Likes
skorg264

Gotcha. My wife's phone is not connecting then.

Thanks,

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
skorg264

I'll give it a shot with your first posting, John, as soon as I can find the time.  I'll let you know if it worked or not.

Steve

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi skorg264, John Getzke gave some excellent troubleshooting steps before. Let us know if this resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
skorg264

I apologize.  I seem to have gotten the problem resolved.  Thanks for your help!

0 Likes