phones that double as a modem??
m_alford

I was told that some phones with Verizon double as a modem.. A friend of mine can connect her cell directly to to her laptop for internet service. I currently have a Samsung intensity II. My husband & I have an unlimited plan for both phones. Im looking to maybe just get a new phone & be able to connect to my laptop for internet service without additional cost. We pay about $210 a month.. Does anyone know a way or a phone I could do this with?

0 Likes
Re: phones that double as a modem??
Not applicable
It's an additional $20 per month for 2 GB of data. Click on "Plans" above and then "Mobile Broadband."
0 Likes
Re: phones that double as a modem??
AndrewD

Agreed with the above - $20/mo for 2GB of bandwidth.

As far as phones that can do it, it's called 'Mobile Hotspot'. If a phone is capable, it's usually listed in the 'Features' tab for the phone. Alot of smartphones are capable - most if not all of the Droid line, etc.

Also, if you're wanting to see a list of phones that have that capability, you can hover over the 'Phones & Devices' tab in the navigation menu above, click on 'Smartphones', and when the page loads you'll see a row of dropdown menus titled 'Filter by'. In the second to last dropdown, titled 'Features', you can check the box beside 'Mobile Hotspot' and it will show you the phones that have that capability.

To my knowledge currently, Verizon doesn't carry any feature phones with Mobile Hotspot capabilities.

0 Likes