"Connected" but no internet
Surfdudeboy

My 595U worked fine before...

I had a computer with 2 hard drives. a older one that had windows xp installed on it, and a newer one i used for storage (that had verizon access on it). i tried to install xp on my newer hard drive because it had more space, but it did not boot up right. and everything on the hard drive was deleted(as planned).

i reinstalled verizon access manager, ran the wizard, and went to connect my Aircard. on the program it normally shows my network as "NationalAccess - BroadbandAcess" but now it shows "Verizon Wireless - VzAccess"

I ignored it and hit connect, and after "updating your device", it connected normally. but when i go to internet explorer, firefox, Google Earth, Halo, or anyother program that uses the internet, it acts as if I have no internet conncetion whatsoever.

i am very perplexed at this and the normal "troubleshooting guides did not work (this is NOT an internet explorer proxy problem) 

i would very much appreciate anyones input or advice, Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: "Connected" but no internet
usctech

You can try this and if no go, may need to reinstall windows or bring to repair shop and see if they can fix the winsock

If using Windows XP click Start, Programs, accessories and right click the command prompt and left click “Run as Admin”If using Windows Vista click start, All programs, Accessories, right click command prompt and left click “Run as Admin” 1. Type in netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt hit enter 2. Type in netsh winsock reset  hit enter Reboot the computer after trying these. If you get a message saying not enough rights or need admin rights, you will need to reboot into safe mode with networking by tapping the Ctrl Key and the F8keys back and forth after first turning the computer on after shutting it down. When you get the black and white screen select “Safe mode with Networking” and

then try step 1 and 2 above again or hit start, run (or search) and type cmd and hit enter then type in the same commands above.

0 Likes