swithces to slower national access in broadband area.
faber

So I'm noticing that my verizon software always switches to nationl access (slower) when I'm in a full bar broadband area (faster).

What makes this more interesting is that as soon as I run one of my better computer cleaners, tada....back to broadband.  Almost like it's part of the software to switch over to the slower internet at some point. Isn't that cute? I haven't gone over, nor ever have gone over, my 5 g monthly allowance.  Making this even more frustrating.

Anyone got any ideas? Could it be the verizon software actually has something in it to kick a person over to the slower network? Something that running a computer cleaner cleans up for a bit, allowing the faster band to be picked up again?

Not funny....

Oh, and this happens like flipping a light switch....every time.

0 Likes
Re: swithces to slower national access in broadband area.
faber

i find it insanely hard to believe that noone knows anything about this, or a 'fix' for it....

any help anyone?

0 Likes
faber

solved;

-open the verizon screen thing
-click disconnect, or make sure it isnt connected to the internet
-hit control + d
-enter this in the password spot; diagvzw (just copy and paste it)
-a box opens, click settings
-click for it to only use "HDR"
-click save or whatever it is
-wait for it to adjust your device
-close box and close verizon box WHEN ITS DONE adjusting your device
-wait a couple minutes for good measure
-restart verizon software and log on, supposedly this will let the modem only connect to the faster service.

im trying it out

0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

What you found will force the EVDO card to ONLY use high speed data. Keep those instructions on your PC just in case you need to switch it to "both" if you happen to be in a non-EVDO area in the future.

It's difficult to say why it would go back to EVDO after a system cleaner. Do you know what the system cleaner is doing exactly?

0 Likes
faber

yes sir, i figured as much.  ill also need to check that the settings dont get switched back after any update or etc.

hopefully this will help someone else as well.

0 Likes