2.2 - When are we getting a fix for the crap update? Can I get rid of 2.2?
jennymarie84

Ever since my phone did the update..It's a piece of crap.  It goes so slow. It freezes ALL of the time. I can't open my text messages several times a day.  I don't receive phone calls sometimes, while it's doing it's freezing thing. It has me force close apps over and over again, many times a day.

I've taken the phone into Verizon and they did a "reset" but that did nothing...after about 15 mins of use it was doing all of the freezing and force closing again.

Everyone is having problems since the 2.2.  I can't believe more people haven't signed up for this forum on purpose to complain or try and get answers like I did. 

Does ANYONE have any answers? 

Can I get rid of the 2.2 and go back to how my phone was before because it worked perfectly then. 

Is there an update coming to fix this update?

Should I just get a new phone?  Or a different phone all together?

Is there some trick I don't know about that will fix all of this crap?

2.2 reminds me of Vista when it first came out.  Nothing but bugs and problems for everyone.  A totally new way cool system that wasn't perfected before forcing everyone to have it.

UGH!   Help anyone?

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 - When are we getting a fix for the crap update? Can I get rid of 2.2?
budone
Legend

jennymarie84 wrote:

Ever since my phone did the update..It's a piece of crap.  It goes so slow. It freezes ALL of the time. I can't open my text messages several times a day.  I don't receive phone calls sometimes, while it's doing it's freezing thing. It has me force close apps over and over again, many times a day.

I've taken the phone into Verizon and they did a "reset" but that did nothing...after about 15 mins of use it was doing all of the freezing and force closing again.

Everyone is having problems since the 2.2.  I can't believe more people haven't signed up for this forum on purpose to complain or try and get answers like I did. 

Does ANYONE have any answers? 

Can I get rid of the 2.2 and go back to how my phone was before because it worked perfectly then. 

Is there an update coming to fix this update?

Should I just get a new phone?  Or a different phone all together?

Is there some trick I don't know about that will fix all of this crap?

2.2 reminds me of Vista when it first came out.  Nothing but bugs and problems for everyone.  A totally new way cool system that wasn't perfected before forcing everyone to have it.

UGH!   Help anyone?

Search the boards, everyone is NOT having issues, in fact most are not. That is why there are not a ton of messages. But they are there.I was one at one point. I personally, would do a factory reset. That was my cure all. Two if you have a task killer, delete it.
Other things to try before a reset is pull the battery out while the unit is on, wait a minute, reinsert and power up. (Basically a soft reset) Also dial and call *228 and choose option 1.
No you can not go back to 2.1, without voiding your warranty and 2.1 is not needed anyways.
If you are unsure on how to do a factory reset, (I suspect the store did a soft reset) leave a message here and someone will walk you through. IF you do teh factory reset and still have locking up issues, you will need to do a warranty exchange.

0 Likes
jennymarie84

When I went to Verizon they said most people ARE having a problem...that I'm one of MANY, but that a reset should fix it...like a computer needing to reset after an upgrade.  I have not spoken to one person who has not had a problem, other than you apparently (although you DID have a problem).  The only person who told me they had no complaints hadn't received the upgrade yet.

The boards are full of complainers, so I don't know where you are looking.  And most people don't write in forums...this is my first time ever even looking...much less writing.

I've done many soft resets.

I do not know how to do a hard reset apparently because I pushed the little red button below the battery and that hasn't worked. And I want to make sure I don't lose all of my information I have on my phone currently.  I see a void button too. Do I push that?

I did have task killer, but the verizon person deleted it and gave me a new one...a task manager.  Do I delete that too?  I thought I had to have that so that my battery would even last 8 hours...because that's the max I usually get unless I'm not using my phone all day...and it used to be worse.

Thank you for responding.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Hmmm,  I will ignore the little slam ya sent and I will simply say yes, delete ANY Task Killer. It is constantly turning off programs that in turn,  turn back on. It is a constant on off circle. This constant struggle between each will kill a battery. My phone right now has an uptime fo 7hrs with 1-3/4 hrs of awake time. My battery (stock) is at 81%.

When the store reset, did you lose all apps???? If not, a factory reset is what helped me and others out. You really need to search the boards, you will find tips, tricks and ideas to help you. Believe I have seen more of this board than you have.The good and the bad.

A nice app to have, is System Panel lite task manager. You will see those programs are using zero resources by seeing the percentage of CPU usage or even broken down to how many second they used the system. it is minscule.

Quit reading the negatives and search for solutions.

0 Likes
MrDew

Best to deftinly search for any solutions you can and if your still having huge problems then take it to a corporate Verizon store and complain lol.

I for one have had really no problems what so ever and am loving my froyo.

Just watch the slams budone was trying to help anyways good luck with your device if you need any more solutions to certain problems just ask around.

0 Likes
jennymarie84

I don't know what I said to "slam" anyone??  Sorry if I offended anyone with my response.  I'm incredibly frustrated, and it has nothing to do with anyone trying to help. 

0 Likes
jennymarie84

I did not lose my apps when the store reset it.  I put up a post to be taught how to do a hard reset as you suggested, so I will try that.

I will try the app you suggested as well. 

My new problem is I do not know how to completely delete an app off of my phone.  Any help there?

Thank you!

0 Likes
MrDew
Settings>applications> manage applications>click on the all tab> find the app and then click on it> then click uninstall should be good to go from there :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Make sure all your apps are upgraded to any newer versions. I had a friend with tons of force close problems and 2 major problems contributed that I found within seconds.
1 - task killer. Delete it, its more hassle than good. (that's for all killers)
2 - keep your apps updated. Go to Market, Menu, Downloaded. Check if you have updates. Also 2.2 gives you the ability to apply automatic updates by checking the check box. Check the box.
The market download area described above also allows you to remove apps. Same remove process as someone stated above, just another location to do it.

I'd do all this here, a soft reset (battery pull), then see how things go from there.
0 Likes
stealingapples

I agree with all here.  I had some freezing problems and a factory reset fixed nearly all of my issues.  Again, as stated previously,  I will also +1 getting rid of the task killers. 

Something that I also learned working in retail and customer service jobs for years:  Happy customers do not complain.  People do not take to forums when they are satisifed.  So the large majority of the users in a forum are going to be upset.

I do not believe that my Inc is perfect, but I will say that I am very happy it.  The battery life could be better, but this phone is frickin' working hard for me, so I am forgiving.  I even like the UI, so I am in no hurry to {edit for TOS violation}

this thing either.  

0 Likes