2 year old Incredible, multiple apps crashing
buckeyevet

I've had my Incredible for almost 2 years (I'm 2 weeks away from my upgrade eligibility).  I have not had any problems at all until now.  For the past week I've had multiple apps crash and not be accessible.  First Text messaging would shut down in mid text, then Android Market wouldn't work--hitting retry wouldn't make it work, now Internet won't work at all--just get a message that proceess.com.android.browser has stopped.  The Droid is shutting down and restarting on it's own.  In the midst of this all of my contacts are gone.  They are on Backup Assistant, but I can't access the internet to get to backup assistant. 

Some of my error messages:  process.com.google.process.gapps has stopped.  Clearing data and cache doesn't help.  Re-syncing doesn't help.

com.android.mms has stopped.  Can't fix that with clearing data and cache.

Can anyone help?  Is my phone hopeless?

Jen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 year old Incredible, multiple apps crashing
Not applicable

Hello Jen!

We need to get your phone working again! Don't give up hope! Even if you're eligible to upgrade soon, it's always nice to have a backup phone. I see that you have tried to clear data and cache from the applications. Have you tried a hard reset? Here's a link with the steps:http://bit.ly/oOaRQt. Are you able to connect to the Internet? This could be what is preventing the sync. Do you see your contacts on the Backup Assistant website? As long as they are still stored there, you will be able to get them back after the reset. If you don't see them initially, make sure to check the trash area. You can then select all the contacts and move them out of the trash.

Let us know if this helps!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Jen!

We need to get your phone working again! Don't give up hope! Even if you're eligible to upgrade soon, it's always nice to have a backup phone. I see that you have tried to clear data and cache from the applications. Have you tried a hard reset? Here's a link with the steps:http://bit.ly/oOaRQt. Are you able to connect to the Internet? This could be what is preventing the sync. Do you see your contacts on the Backup Assistant website? As long as they are still stored there, you will be able to get them back after the reset. If you don't see them initially, make sure to check the trash area. You can then select all the contacts and move them out of the trash.

Let us know if this helps!

Katie H

VZW Support

0 Likes
buckeyevet

It worked.  Thanks Katie!

0 Likes
Not applicable

My pleasure! I'm happy you're up and running again!

Katie H

VZW Support

0 Likes
Not applicable

My pleasure! I'm happy you're up and running again!

Katie H

VZW Support

0 Likes