4 G LTE - save pictures to second sim card?
techmysteries

****, it takes hours to try and navigate Verizon help!!!! I want to save pictures from my Droid 4G LTE to the second sim-card I purchased and put in my phone for storage. On my prior phone there was always a SAVE function for pictures this phone does not seem to offer one. I want to transfer my new phone pics to my computer via that second sim card - but can't find how to save the pics on the phone to that card....PLEASE HELP

0 Likes
Re: 4 G LTE - save pictures to second sim card?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't you mean the SD card?  The SIM (subscriber identity module) card is used to connect the phone to the network and doesn't have the storage capacity to keep pictures on it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
techmysteries

Yes, sorry. That would be the SD card....Please advise

--

Steve

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What have you tried? You can connect the phone to a PC and copy the files to a temp folder and the computer or if you have a separate SD card reader copy the files directly to the second SD card. Once they are copied, you can turn off the phone and swap out the SD cards.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
techmysteries

Yes,but how do I get the photos on the phone onto the SD card? That's Where is the function to SAVE to SD card? I appreciate your respone.

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Ann154 <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Ann154 Ann Ann(droid)154 created the discussion

"Re: 4 G LTE - save pictures to second sim card?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/978185#978185

>

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on the phone. Which one do you have?  There is usually a setting in the Camera app to determine if the pictures taken are saved to the internal or SD memory.

Also if you are going to reply by email, PLEASE remove any email signatures with your personal information as it is a violation on this public forum.

0 Likes
techmysteries

Yes, I have the 4G LTE HTC Verizon Droid. Phone app doesn't show any choice of where to save....ADR6410LVW -

THX again

-

Ann154 created the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/978253#978253

>

0 Likes
techmysteries

Found camera apps setting but "STORAGE" doesn't light up to interface with....

--

Techmysteries...

-

Ann154 created the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/978253#978253

>

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You can use the file browser on your phone to browse to the folder with the photos. Copy the folder. Next, browse to the location on the SD card where you would like to save the photos. Paste the folder.

If you are unhappy with the file browser on your phone, you can download one from the Play Store. I use ES File Explorer.

For future photos, make sure you have your camera set to save photos to the SD card instead of the internal memory.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saving pictures should be a snap techmysteries! Were you able to fill up your first SD card? Did the pictures save normally to that one? Are you trying to save the same content? If so, you may not be able to if you have already saved them to the first card. As an option, you can transfer the pictures via USB http://tiny.cc/71ob0w

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes