Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
BigDirty1

I just received another Droid Bionic Friday with same problem! I give up!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

0 Likes
wolvz27

I just got off the phone with tech support, and they told me that Motorola is aware of the problem with the Bionic losing data connection in 4G LTE and they are working on it. But as of now they have no ETA on a fix. They then offered me the Droid Razor as a replacement phone without me even asking. If it wasn't for the guy I talked to on the phone today and the steps he took for me, Verizon would've lost a customer today.

0 Likes
shedoowop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is the Razr a worthy replacement for the Bionic?

0 Likes
EricB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Max is... Razor not so much if you like the extended battery on the Bionic

0 Likes
patdb23

I have been having the same issue for over a month now with my Bionic. My co-worker also has the same issues with her Bionic, and her husband has the Thunderbolt, same issue. I've tried all the different settings, switching Airplane mode on/off, etc. with no luck. I called tech support and they did what is called a "switch profile". My phone worked perfect for 24 hours. During that 24hrs not once did my phone lose connection. So fast, and every online app was lightning speed. But then the following day, connection issues started happening again. I called tech support again and they couldn't do anything but suggest going to a Verizon store and getting a new SIM card. If that didn't work, then they would offer a new phone or equivalent.

My coworker went to Verizon store over the weekend and got a new SIM card but that didn't work at all. So Verizon is sending out a new phone. Reading other comments here doesn't sound like that will work, seems a lot of people from various areas are having the same issue with different phones.

How come they were able to do this "switch profile" and my connection worked perfectly for a short time? That should tell you it's not the phone, but somethings to do with Verizon 4G. I have switched to CDMA only (3G) and for now it seems to be working, but 3G is not 4G. Wonder if doing the tweek to ICS is the way to go?

0 Likes
patdb23

Update. So I went into a Verizon store and how a long discussion with the rep. In summary she explained that is the manufacturer's fault and that Verizon towers are just fine. So let me see if I got this straight, various manufacturers with various phones all have the same related problem, 4G data connectivity issues with Verizon. It seems to me that Verizon has done something to their 4G network and now expect the manufacturers to come up with new software so that it's compatible with the changes Verizon has made to their network. It sounds to me that Verizon 4G will no longer support previous software such as Gingerbread 2.3.4 and that Ice Cream Sandwich, once it is installed on all these phones, will be the solution. Is there a release date, no. What to do in the meantime?

For now, Verizon is sending me a new (refurbished) Bionic. My co-worker, who is having the same exact issue with her Bionic and her husband's Thunderbolt, just got their replacement phones yesterday, and guess what, problem still exists. Even worse, ordering these refurbished phones creates even more headache. You have to redonwload all those apps, but since 4G doesn't work, then how you can download the apps?

0 Likes
ubm0158
Contributor - Level 1

The problem is not the phone, it's Verizon. And they know it. If you call and B1tch they will do the standard run around, send you to a tech, get a new SIM card,  tell you to reboot, go to airplane mode,offer a refurbished unit of a phone no longer being sold, etc, etc.

Verizon throttles the data on everybody's phone once it goes past a predetermined data limit. Those of us that still have the unlimited plan get phucked the worst. My data essentially stops when I hit 2GB. Guaranteed. Like clockwork. Period.

0 Likes
ubm0158
Contributor - Level 1

where can i get it? can you root ICS easily?

0 Likes
ubm0158
Contributor - Level 1

It's not the manufacturers fault (99% of the time). This is a verizon problem that is built into the (bionic) phone.

For one thing, TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM -ACROSS THE BOARD- WITH THE FULL COMPLEMENT OF ANDROID PHONES!!  they want you to get frustrated to the point where you will pay for more data.

0 Likes
Duy

I was having the same problem. But I think I might have found the answer maybe to some of the problems. I had a hard case for my phone and i noticed that if i take the case off, my 4g lte signal is fine. But once the case is on the phone, I have problems getting the data connection to connect. I might be speaking kind of early, as I just noticed this, but it might solve a few problems.

0 Likes