4G Phone
mcordero60

Warning, If you live in a Rual area. Do not by the 4g Bionic Phone Motorola. They do not work. I just bought one beganing of May, worked only three days out in my area of South East, New Mexico. After three difficult days of talk with Custumer Service from Verizon I was told, there was not Verizon Service where I live and the 4g phone did not work out here.

Verizon suggestion: move to city where the 4G works!!!  So, No Verizon service around Hobbs/Jal/Eunice areas, New Mexico.

0 Likes
Re: 4G Phone
Vegeta_GG42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your post can be misleading, I lived in the Florida Panhandle out in the country and my Bionic worked fine, at first when I was on the original firmware I had to turn off LTE, but after update 5.9.902 it started to work with LTE enabled.  Where I lived had spotty Verizon signal and no 4G at all.  Does other Verizon phones work there, sometimes there might be an issue with the phone radio, or the antenna of that model might now pick up a signal when others can, I am saying this because you said you had signal for 3 days, signal doesn't just simply vanish, I would try another phone, you have 7 days if not mistaken to exchange your phone for another of equal or lesser value.  I found I could get signal with either my Droid X or Bionic when my wife couldn't with her Intensity II.  I would talk with the store where you bought it if you bought it at a physical store about the issue, they might be able to help more than phone support or us here in the forums, since they actually are there in the area physically.

0 Likes
mcordero60

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
mcordero60

Thanks for your response.  Like 90 percent of the population where I  live

has Verizon service, as well as I did with my other phone. This Droid 

Bionic was an up grade I got. Verizon or the store would not honor the return or 

exchange of the phone.  Verizon service on the phone, kept assuring me that

there was NO verizon service where I live.  It was just a fruastration

that  no one wanted to help me. I went back to my old phone, which works

perfect now.  The new phone, I gave it away to some person in the store who was

looking to buy  a new 4G phone,

0 Likes
Not applicable

You have 14 days to try out a new phone and return it if you don't like it.  I think you would only have had to pay a restocking fee.

0 Likes
mcordero60

I was not given the options, they told me it was "no return" policy

0 Likes
Not applicable

You didn't buy from Verizon or you bought some kind of close-out special or something.  Verizon policy allows 14 days to return with a restocking fee.

0 Likes
mcordero60

I did buy it from an Verizon / Motoral authorized dealer, but they store 

manager refuse to accept the reasons Verizon was giving them for no service

in  Jal, New Mexico, United State of America

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't understand your response, but you have 14 days to return any Verizon purchase for any reason unless it was some sort of special sale or something.

0 Likes
mcordero60

NO, I was a regular 4G phone I went to by, so I could up grade from the OLD

phone I had.

Once I got to my home town, which is 4 hours away from El Paso, Texas the 

phone worked for 3 days only. After talking on a land line to the Verizon 

Officals in fixing the problem, they told me there was NO phone service in

that  area.  There has never been service in Jal, NM.  I call the El Paso 

Store and came back or traveled 4 hours to return phone, but the Supervisor

said  there was nothing wrong with the phone! Therefore I have this useless

phone,  which I already gave away to a person and got back my old phone working.

0 Likes