8/19 STILL NO UPDATE
scottshad

Well,well, well, here it is 0550 on AUGUST 19,2010  still no update, so much for getting the update by 08/18/2010, or maybe they meant 08/18/2011???? Do you think that is what they meant???

Why can't someone from Verizon give the right answers about ANYTHING?

I have been with Verizon before it was Verizon, and always had a great service until I got the Droid's.  Pre-Droid and the customer service was always great, and if they said something, you almost go to the bank with it ---- some of the time.

But since I bought 2 Droids I have not been told the truth by anyone there, just like the 10% discount)for 6 months) I am supposed to be getting because my wife was without phone for 3 days.....

I have ALWAYS, AND I MEAN ALWAYS praised Verizon, would give it 10-plus on any survey I took, and would always recommend them. But I guess those days are waining......Too bad, because in all of my dealings, Verizon was one company I used to be proud of.

0 Likes
Re: 8/19 STILL NO UPDATE
chyduke
My wife just got an update third mornings
0 Likes
skh
I got tired of waiting and did it manually last night. Working great so far!
0 Likes
JADroid

I just rec'd mine today and it bricked my phone.  Looking to get to the store sometime for a fix (after I call per the VZW tech) or they will have to send me a new one.  The "M: screen of death is where I am.

0 Likes
scottshad

WELL, WELL, WELL, My wife got her update at 530am this morning, she just climbed out of bed and looked at her phone!

Well, she ruined my day, because I still haven't gotten mine!!!!

boo-hoo

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

Download it YOUSELF and install it YOURSELF. I did it on my and my wife's Droids -- it took all of 20 minutes.

Here's a link: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/140721-how-force-official-android-2-2-froyo-update-motrola-d...

Follow the directions,{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
scottshad
I appreciate the post and the url, but, I will verizon do it's thing.
As far as the chill pill goes..... ................ ........... ......... ........ .........
hope you understand!
0 Likes

10:13am in Philadelphia and still no update.

0 Likes
Firebrand
The issue is the incredibly poor way Verizon has handled information (or lack thereof) about the update. Their tech support team either doesn't know or doesn't care about the update process, and they have not publicly released any statements about the update. There are numerous rumors and stories of poor customer service being posted, and Verizon refuses to pay attention to their loyal customers.

For what it's worth, I'm still waiting for my update too.
0 Likes
chyduke
I understand same with me.. my wife gets it this morning and I don't... funny thing is her phone is being replaced on Friday because it continues to lock up. Dies anyone think we should wait and see what the new update will fix before accepting a refurbished phone?
0 Likes