Adding Contacts to Yahoo Mail
wings9798
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I add a contact I have 4 options:

Google - Which I believe will then place the contact on my phone and on my gmail account online

Backup Assistant - Places it on my phone. I don't use backuip assistant so i guess I could use

Phone-only, unsynced - Never used and has my ymail account

Yahoo Mail - This also has my ymail account

I thought if I added a contact to the Yahoo Mail account it would sync back to my Ymail contacts..apparently I was wrong. Is there such a way to have my DroidX and ymail sync contacts?

Also, I've read not so good comments on Backup assistant is there a better app to backup my information on my phone?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
Re: Adding Contacts to Yahoo Mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Some great questions you got there! Let's get you taken care of! wings9798, with regards to syncing contacts via email services, unfortunately Droids are designed to sync directly with Google accounts. You may be able to find a third party app to help you with that. As an alternative to a third party app, you may want to try adding the contact by accessing your Yahoo email directly from the web browser. That way your contact syncs directly through the browser as opposed to via the stock email client.

With regards to Backup Assistant, don't write it off just yet! It's an excellent program that does exactly what it's supposed to, and that is to back up your contacts to allow for easy recovery. It's fast and easy to set up. You may also review your contacts online via My Verizon as well. The only other back up system that I can recommend is one that you have already mentioned: Google Gmail. It's great because it automatically syncs between your Android smartphone when you sync the Gmail account to it. On a personal note, I use both Backup Assistant and Gmail for my backup purposes. Both work wonderfully.

If you have any additional questions, wings9798, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you and take care!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes