Adding ringtones from PC to Droid X
kdurand

Hi :smileyhappy:

I have some ringtones (mp3) that I'd like to put on my droid from my PC.  I was able to figure out how to get them into the notifications folder on the PC but I don't see a specific folder for ringtones.  And when I go to change ringtones I don't see the ones that I added.

Any idea where to put the ringtone from PC onto the droid while it's USB connected?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Adding ringtones from PC to Droid X
Wildman
Legend

Try to create the folder, I gave instructions to another user to do this and they never replied back but I believed it worked, if this doesnt work try Ringo Lite or Ringtone Picker

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

1. Connect to PC

2. Copy MP3 to Media/Audio/Ringtones

3. Restart (May not have to do this step, but I suggest  it)

4. Set and enjoy, ringers should show in list now...

0 Likes
kdurand

I don't have a ringtones folder.

Only folder within the media folder is notifications

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try to create the folder, I gave instructions to another user to do this and they never replied back but I believed it worked, if this doesnt work try Ringo Lite or Ringtone Picker

0 Likes
kdurand

that worked! thanks so much :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Cathbad

I created a folder on the micro SD card called "Music".  I put 300 songs in (more to follow).  One of them is Scotland the Brave which I use as a ringtone.  Once the phone is working I went to Music and found the song.  Then bring up the menu and one of the options is Ringtone.

Doing it this way allows you change it if you feel like it.  I think you can set different ringtones for your friends but I haven't tried it.

I only change my ringtone once a year.  I switch to an Irish medly in the month of March.

P.S.  I'm Jewish.

0 Likes
jsquyre

I use several different ringtones for different people in my contact list.  I just go to the contact, edit, scroll down to Additional Information, click on Ringtone, then all my ringtones come up and I can assign any ringtone to the individual contact.  That simple.

0 Likes